You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can support us on Paypal and Liberapay!
  Go to:
Favourite Linux IDE?
diego2311 commented on 5 October 2017 at 10:42 am UTC

I use neovim for everything (Mainly Ruby, HTML, Javascript, C++).

Kam commented on 16 January 2018 at 12:07 pm UTC

vim + grep + ninja for C/C++ dev.

I tried different ide, but find myself more efficient with simple tools I control than with tools that tries to help me and take control.

dvd commented on 16 January 2018 at 3:03 pm UTC

I mostly use gnu emacs, although i don't do very much "coding" in it. Found it to be a good tool for taking notes. I eventually want to do more with it, but i'm a dummy so it takes a while to learn even the basic stuff.

BlackBloodRum commented on 9 February 2018 at 7:46 pm UTC

Interesting to see so many replies here! :-D. I like "still-dreaming-1"'s post a lot though, that's one way to look at IDE's!

I can't possibly try every IDE mentioned here, but I'm glad to see that there are so many options. Personally I'm still using geany though.

Thanks for all the responses though! :-D. Nice to see I'm not the only Linux'er who uses it for development purposes.

Feel free to list any other IDE's you may use :-).

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Tac Tics: "All Walls Must Fall“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook