Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Your Linux BattleStations
Page: «4/4
  Go to:
Avehicle7887 11 Aug, 2019

Quoting: tuubi
Quoting: Avehicle7887No more dual monitor bezels, enter the Samsung CHG90 49". This puppy can do 3840x1080 with picture by picture mode. Some games particularly 2D ones render at the middle of the screen with black borders, however it shines for driving and flight sims.
We've got a couple of those screens at work. I felt more comfortable working with a couple of monitors with normal aspect ratios, but I guess I'm just stuck in my ways.

Looking at your picture, isn't it a bit awkward having some of the important game UI elements so far out of your normal field of vision? Don't you have to keep turning your head a lot? Of course it's just the game, not the monitor to blame for that. I can see how it's great for driving games though.

In some games yes (such as Guild Wars 2 in the picture) and sometimes it's better to run these at normal 16:9. One particular game that scaled really well is Stardew Valley:

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Patreon, Liberapay or PayPal Donation.

We have no adverts, no paywalls, no timed exclusive articles. Just good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...