Nominations are now open for the GamingOnLinux GOTY Awards! Go nominate your favourites before voting begins.
  Go to:
Your Linux BattleStations
Avehicle7887 commented on 11 August 2019 at 11:53 am UTC

tuubi
Avehicle7887No more dual monitor bezels, enter the Samsung CHG90 49". This puppy can do 3840x1080 with picture by picture mode. Some games particularly 2D ones render at the middle of the screen with black borders, however it shines for driving and flight sims.
We've got a couple of those screens at work. I felt more comfortable working with a couple of monitors with normal aspect ratios, but I guess I'm just stuck in my ways.

Looking at your picture, isn't it a bit awkward having some of the important game UI elements so far out of your normal field of vision? Don't you have to keep turning your head a lot? Of course it's just the game, not the monitor to blame for that. I can see how it's great for driving games though.

In some games yes (such as Guild Wars 2 in the picture) and sometimes it's better to run these at normal 16:9. One particular game that scaled really well is Stardew Valley:

Go to:

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
None currently, submit yours here!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts