You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support me on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux (and me) alive. Funding me on Patreon allows us to have no adverts, no paywalls, no timed articles. Just good content for you to keep up with Linux gaming. Alternatively, you can support me on Paypal.
[Interest Check] Flatpack packaged emulators
slavezeo commented on 27 January 2017 at 12:04 pm UTC

Hello all, I've been packaging a few emulators (Dolphin and PCSX2 mainly) in RPM format for Fedora over the past few months. I am curious if anyone would be interested trying them in Flatpack packages. I just started reading up on the format last night, but it seems really interesting. I installed a few Gnome apps and it was rather simple, although it was done via the terminal. I'm not sure if there is an alternative to this such as clickable links in your browser (I'm still learning about package distribution).

So anyway, this is just a small interest check to see if it would be worth the time to invest in the project.

Cheers!

Solar commented on 11 February 2017 at 5:57 pm UTC

Are you still doing these? Bit of a late reply I know.

I'm interested in the latrst Dolphin and Higan if you are doing them.
I'm also toying with learning how to flatpack them myself since emulators are not updated that often on ROSA.

slavezeo commented on 8 March 2017 at 11:31 am UTC

Yep, I'm still very interested in flatpacks of emulators. My research has kind of taken a back seat to a raspberry pi project I'm working on. The project is almost finished though so I'll get back to work on the flatpacks. Dolphin is on the high priority list of flatpacks, as it PCSX2. After I figure out flatpacks and get these two working I'll have a go at Higan.

And what is ROSA? Is it a Linux distro?

Solar commented on 9 March 2017 at 9:07 pm UTC

slavezeoAnd what is ROSA? Is it a Linux distro?

Craggles086 commented on 22 March 2017 at 8:32 am UTC

Would not mind Vice C64 in a flatpak. The version in repositories is an older version without the needed roms.

The latest source on source forge compiles fine and includes roms but seems to be a pain to get working with full screen and working sound using either Alsa or pulse audio.

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook