Single steam account with Linux and Windows
tomlowshang Feb 1, 2017
Does a single Steam account work with both Linux and Windows games?
tomlowshang Feb 2, 2017
Thank you, stan. I meant Steam on Wine and not actual Windows, but you figured it out.
g000h Feb 10, 2017
Well, here's a bit of extra info. I've found that you can login to two devices at the same time with the same Steam account, but it will only let you play a game on one device at once.

So for instance, you could login to Steam on Windows on machine 1, and Steam on Linux on machine 2.

Then you could use Steam-Link Streaming to play a Windows game on Linux, or vice versa. I'm actually thinking to do that very thing. Launch Steam on a different PC running Windows, and then play a Windows-only game on Linux via streaming. (Plus there are other ways to do this without running Steam twice, if so inclined.)
Hamish Feb 10, 2017
So you can only download Linux games using the Linux client of Steam... while I can choose whatever platform I like using GOG.com and the lgogdownloader package?

Yeah, another reason to avoid Steam I guess.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.