Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
DiRT Rally will be out for Linux on 2 March
jith_feral Feb 2, 2017
  • Game Dev
Linux gamers, get ready for the most authentic rally racing experience.
Check out the DiRT Rally trailer on YouTube.
Xpander Feb 2, 2017
this is the greatest news of this year :D big fan of old Richard Burns Rally.. been waiting for Dirt Rally to come to linux quite some time :D and it will happen very soon now..

Thank you Feral!
ellie_feral Feb 6, 2017
Cheers @Xpander. :]

By the way, we've put together some system requirements for DiRT Rally on Linux:

At minimum you’ll need an Intel Core i3-4130T or AMD FX6300 processor running Ubuntu 16.10 (64bit) or SteamOS (2.0 : 2.110), 8GB RAM and a 1GB NVIDIA 650ti/AMD R9 270 graphics card* or better.

To hit the recommend requirements you’ll want an Intel Core i7-4770 processor with 8GB RAM and a 4GB NVIDIA 970 graphics card* or better.

*NVIDIA graphics cards require driver version 370.28. AMD graphics cards require MESA 13.0.2 or better.
riusma Feb 6, 2017
Quoting: ellie_feralrunning Ubuntu 16.10 (64bit)

Won't work on 16.04 LTS? (out of curiosity, I'll perhaps be on 18.04 when I'll be able to buy this game with a wheel ^^)
Ehvis Feb 6, 2017
The Ubuntu 16.10 surprised me as well. Also surprising is how early we get requirements. I didn't expect those until the last week of February.
darkszluf Feb 7, 2017
well they've changed a couple of times after being announced so who knows.
ellie_feral Feb 7, 2017
Quoting: riusma
Quoting: ellie_feralrunning Ubuntu 16.10 (64bit)

Won't work on 16.04 LTS? (out of curiosity, I'll perhaps be on 18.04 when I'll be able to buy this game with a wheel ^^)

It's not supported, but it won't be blocked either. So you can give it a go if you fancy!
1xok Feb 7, 2017
Quoting: jith_feralLinux gamers, get ready for the most authentic rally racing experience.

Hi Jith! Greate news. After F1 now the master peace. :)

Question: Could you recommend any usb steering wheel equipment for Dirt Rally and Linux?

For F1 I had used the gyro of my steam controller, which worked not even so badly. I hope the steam controller works as well with Dirt Rally.
jith_feral Feb 20, 2017
  • Game Dev
Quoting: PixelPi
Quoting: jith_feralLinux gamers, get ready for the most authentic rally racing experience.

Hi Jith! Greate news. After F1 now the master peace. :)

Question: Could you recommend any usb steering wheel equipment for Dirt Rally and Linux?

For F1 I had used the gyro of my steam controller, which worked not even so badly. I hope the steam controller works as well with Dirt Rally.

Hullo, we've not announced supported gamepads or wheels yet, but we'll let you know when we have more info!
1xok Feb 20, 2017
Quoting: jith_feralHullo, we've not announced supported gamepads or wheels yet, but we'll let you know when we have more info!

Thank you!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.