You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay.!
Has anyone got Rayman Origins to run correctly?
rcgamer commented on 21 February 2017 at 6:56 pm UTC

I've tried WINE (the newest), I've tried POL scripts (they get stuck at registering dlls), I've tried crossover. All I get is a garbled screen with music in the background. If I try to install directx as some on wineapps DB suggest, then the game won't start at all. Anybody get this working?

Speaking of Crossover, what a con. It shows the game at five star rating on their page but unknown to you that's the MAC version. You would think for what they charge it would be better than playonlinux or just WINE alone but it isn't.

rcgamer commented on 22 February 2017 at 12:30 am UTC

NM I got it now. I had to use the unapproved script I found on the POL forum. Now I even have controller working yay.image image

alucard- commented on 26 September 2017 at 8:57 am UTC

rcgamerNM I got it now. I had to use the unapproved script I found on the POL forum. Now I even have controller working yay.

Could you point me to the script you found? I have the exact same problem.

rcgamer commented on 13 February 2018 at 11:31 pm UTC

alucard-
rcgamerNM I got it now. I had to use the unapproved script I found on the POL forum. Now I even have controller working yay.

Could you point me to the script you found? I have the exact same problem.

Sorry, I hadn't been on the forum in a long time. You don't really need the script. Just install xact and dxfullinstall with playonlinux or winetricks also disable multisampling. For the controller I just use a logitech dual gamepad that can use direct input or x-input, set it to dinput and configure the controls in game. X-input will work but you have to time your button push just right to configure the controls in game. Yes, I know this is old but maybe it will help someone else.

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts