You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Question: AMD Drivers and SteamLink
STiAT Feb 26, 2017
Hey all :-)

I've a question. I'm running AMDGPU driver with Mesa 17.0 and llvm 3.9.1.

I'm experiencing a lot of issues with games, when I'm streaming. I didn't ever use AMDGPU when streaming (have a NVidia in the cupboard here, where I never had issues).

Are there any others who have similar experience? I just get a huge pixle mess when I play in example The Talos Principle - within 10 seconds being into a level (running around). Same goes for Deus Ex or Mad Max, which points to a general issue.

The games work perfectly well just on the workstation though.

Anyone else with that kind of experience? If so, it may be worth to report to Valve. I know steamlink just introduces a new level of complexity, but it's ... so convenient :D.
Citiroller Feb 28, 2017
It might also be an issue while steam is recording the game and compresses the video before it's send to the steam link. I don't think it's due to an failure in your steam link, have you tried using it with another computer and a different setup?
I think this is either a graphics driver or steam related problem. Maybe try to get in touch with the support at Valve. Maybe you'll find some information here or open a new issue…
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.