Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Nintendo Switch
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
Arehandoro Mar 14, 2017
Since there isn't an actual forum to post games related stuff that isn't Linux/PC based, I hope it's ok to open a new thread under All other chat.

I know some people from GOL have bought it. What are you playing so far? What are your first impressions?

As for myself, only bought Zelda so far but oh man how I am enjoying it! I have probably put around 25 hours easily on it and barely done any missions, just walking around and discovering little things as the pass by it's a joy.

Also, I think it would be cool to create a little list with friend codes too and play online in the near future, would you be up to it?

Cheers!
Liam Dawe Mar 14, 2017
I occasionally dip into Zelda when I really need a break from the PC and it is a fantastic game. The Switch is a really cool device too.

Being sat in bed playing Zelda, while the girlfriend finishes up playing ARK on Linux, what's not to love?

There was one point that really made me chuckle. I was going to pick some hot peppers, by my weapon got caught in a fire, it caught fire, it set the fucking bush on fire, which set the grass surrounding me on fire and yeah...i caught fire.
Arehandoro Mar 15, 2017
Quoting: liamdaweI occasionally dip into Zelda when I really need a break from the PC and it is a fantastic game. The Switch is a really cool device too.

Being sat in bed playing Zelda, while the girlfriend finishes up playing ARK on Linux, what's not to love?

There was one point that really made me chuckle. I was going to pick some hot peppers, by my weapon got caught in a fire, it caught fire, it set the fucking bush on fire, which set the grass surrounding me on fire and yeah...i caught fire.

Hahahahahaha brilliant!

I love the device too and has me wondering whether this could be the perfect approach for a Steam Machine in order to get a big piece of the cake...

Sticking to Zelda, yesterday I spent almost 2 hours just catching crickets and other insects for recipes and a side quest. The fun moment of it all started with heavy rain, followed by huge lightings... at some point one stroke literally meters from me and was breath taking. Until I forgot I had my axe on me, started sparkling a bit and one stroke just on my head and died! xD After that I just hid in a little cottage haha.
Jan Mar 15, 2017
I love the Switch, it has the potential to become my favourite console of all time (currently it's the SNES) and Zelda is pure magic: I haven't played The Witcher 3 yet (seems like it's running in Wine now), but from my 10+ hours so far it's like the best open-world game I have ever played.

All the quirky stuff happening, like Liam setting the world on fire (accidentally), is so awesome. It is really a game where you as the player write your own story in the vast wilderness. :-)
Arehandoro Mar 17, 2017
Quoting: JanI love the Switch, it has the potential to become my favourite console of all time (currently it's the SNES) and Zelda is pure magic: I haven't played The Witcher 3 yet (seems like it's running in Wine now), but from my 10+ hours so far it's like the best open-world game I have ever played.

All the quirky stuff happening, like Liam setting the world on fire (accidentally), is so awesome. It is really a game where you as the player write your own story in the vast wilderness. :-)

Seems to run now? That's fantastic news!

Yeah, Switch has touched deep in the feelings somehow and has the potential in my case too :)
Liam Dawe Mar 17, 2017
One thing I am pissed off about is their shitty returns policy, which just stung me.

Picked up what I've now realized is a really crap mobile-link game from the eshop two weeks ago for my kid, it was really terrible. I wonder what happened to their quality control on that one.

Refused a refund.

Has made me think again about supporting them :(
damarrin Mar 17, 2017
Yeah, Nintendo is very backwards and unflexible. They know they have excellent stuff people crave so they can afford to be dicks.

The Switch is, IMO, excellent. It truly does pull the home/portable hybrid thing off very well.
Arehandoro Mar 20, 2017
Quoting: liamdaweOne thing I am pissed off about is their shitty returns policy, which just stung me.

Picked up what I've now realized is a really crap mobile-link game from the eshop two weeks ago for my kid, it was really terrible. I wonder what happened to their quality control on that one.

Refused a refund.

Oh no! That's a shame mate :( Can you write a complain or something like that?

Quoting: damarrinYeah, Nintendo is very backwards and unflexible. They know they have excellent stuff people crave so they can afford to be dicks.

The Switch is, IMO, excellent. It truly does pull the home/portable hybrid thing off very well.

Yeah, and it would pull it even better if I could put my hands on a case to take it out of home xD
Liam Dawe Mar 20, 2017
Quoting: Arehandoro
Quoting: liamdaweOne thing I am pissed off about is their shitty returns policy, which just stung me.

Refused a refund.

Oh no! That's a shame mate :( Can you write a complain or something like that?
Not worth it, will fall on deaf ears I'm sure. They have a disclaimer you have to accept if you buy from the eshop.

Will teach me a valid lesson of not looking up reviews and buying a random game for my son, won't be doing that again.

Still, it's a damn shame in 2017 that UK law doesn't forbid this for digital purchases you can't try first. It's why I have respect for GOG & Steam with their pretty decent refund options now. Took Steam a while, but at least they did it. Nintendo just like to shit all over people, especially Youtubers, but not much I can do. I'm over it now, I want to play Zelda, but it will make me think hard about using the eshop ever again for sure.
khalismur Mar 24, 2017
Well Nintendo really made a nice comeback with the Switch and Zelda. I don't think many imagined or even hoped it would be this good. I have to say to the japs: "Bravo!"
robotman5 Mar 25, 2017
I have been playing the New Zelda on the switch for a few days now and i gotta say it's really fun! i can't wait for MK8 Deluxe!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.