You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support me on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux (and me) alive. Funding me on Patreon allows us to have no adverts, no paywalls, no timed articles. Just good content for you to keep up with Linux gaming. Alternatively, you can support me on Paypal.
Tutorial: How to use Wine (for beginners)
manero666 commented on 4 April 2017 at 9:18 am UTC

Hi!

I want to share a Blog post and some videos I made on how to use Wine.
They should explain to a new user how Wine works and how to take the first steps and install and run some games/software.

Some videos are a bit old (November), so if you're using a Nvidia card you're probably able to try out many DX10/11 games nowadays (AMD + Mesa still need some implementation).
I still miss few things for the Blog post and I would like to enrich the series with a "how to compile it" guide and a Wine-PlayOnLinux comparison video.

So stay tuned

· Blog Post
· Videos

ps. is there a way to embed playlists?

nIQnutn commented on 4 April 2017 at 11:20 am UTC

sr_ls_boy commented on 18 April 2017 at 6:24 pm UTC

I hear a lot of talk about gallium and gaming nine. I assume it is a patched version of wine.
Since I use the closed nVidia drivers I just use vanilla wine.

Any nVidia users that wine-gallium-nine?

crt0mega commented on 19 April 2017 at 7:07 am UTC

manero666Some videos are a bit old (November), so if you're using a Nvidia card you're probably able to try out many DX10/11 games nowadays.
Hey! I'm playing around with D3D10/11, too But Fallout 4 looks awful with Wine.

JessieWalker commented on 19 April 2017 at 3:45 pm UTC

thanks for the blog post; it looks great

manero666 commented on 19 April 2017 at 5:11 pm UTC

sr_ls_boyI hear a lot of talk about gallium and gaming nine. I assume it is a patched version of wine.
Since I use the closed nVidia drivers I just use vanilla wine.

Any nVidia users that wine-gallium-nine?

There is no way to use gallium nine with the proprietary Nvidia driver because Gallium Nine is part of Mesa (gallium framework), but you can use Wine Staging (and activate CSMT in winecfg) to get a nice fps boost in almost every game.

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook