You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay.!
  Go to:
Unigine Superposition Benchmark
Xpander commented on 21 December 2018 at 6:42 pm UTC

debianxfceWe beat nvidia fanboys with the RX 3080 at fraction of the GTX 1070Ti cost next year.

yep yep, we will see about that. theres no confirmation about the prices and anything.

Also getting 1070Ti performance like 2 years later isnt something really to be proud of.

Lets hope AMD will pull off though. Competition is needed

debianxfce commented on 22 December 2018 at 3:43 am UTC

Xpander
debianxfceWe beat nvidia fanboys with the RX 3080 at fraction of the GTX 1070Ti cost next year.
Also getting 1070Ti performance like 2 years later isnt something really to be proud of.
Closed source graphics drivers are cheating in rendering so that they look good in benchmarks. That isn't something really to be proud of.
Vega 64 is faster than 1070Ti
graphics hierarchy

Xpander commented on 22 December 2018 at 1:38 pm UTC

debianxfce
Xpander
Closed source graphics drivers are cheating in rendering so that they look good in benchmarks. That isn't something really to be proud of.
Vega 64 is faster than 1070Ti
graphics hierarchy

Not the right place to argue, but ofc Vega 64 is faster than 1070Ti, it costs 100€ more also. and when it comes to vulkan and Linux, vega 64 has hard time to fight with 1070Ti in many cases, while some cases its equal with GTX 1080. Cheating or not in drivers,im talking about games, not this superposition benchmark. We will see what AMD will bring, hopefully something good becaus the prices are insanity. AMD is good in the midrange market atm. RX580 and 590 are really good for the money. GTX 1060 doesn't get close in most cases. But AMD lacks cards on higher end sadly.

debianxfce commented on 22 December 2018 at 4:57 pm UTC

Xpander[ vega 64 has hard time to fight with 1070Ti in many cases, it costs 100€ more also

Vega 64 is faster than 1070ti in Linux gaming too. vega 64 vs 1070ti Linux gaming

Victory for open source drivers without cheating. Prices varies country by country, here Asus Vega64 8GB costs 50 euros more than Asus 1070ti 8GB and both are cheapest available.

Xpander commented on 22 December 2018 at 5:51 pm UTC

debianxfceVega 64 is faster than 1070ti in Linux gaming too. vega 64 vs 1070ti Linux gaming

Victory for open source drivers without cheating. Prices varies country by country, here Asus Vega64 8GB costs 50 euros more than Asus 1070ti 8GB and both are cheapest available.

So its slightly better on those benchmarks, with double the power consumption. Also cheapest Vega 64 i can find here is 628€ while cheapest 1070Ti is 429€. Anyway, its getting too offtopic here. If you want to argue, pm me or create a new discussion.

debianxfce commented on 23 December 2018 at 11:01 am UTC

[quote=Xpander]

debianxfceAlso cheapest Vega 64 i can find here is 628€ while cheapest 1070Ti is 429€..

Here the prices are 500 euros for Asus Vega 64 8GB and 450 euros for Asus 1070ti 8GB. Both have a bad performance per dollar value that is the most important parameter when building a PC. RX570, RX580 and RX590 are much better for your wallet. gpu fps per dollar

With 200+ euros difference you can buy many games or some other hardware to have a better gaming computer. If RX 3080 is as fast as Vega 64 and costs only 250 usd that will change a lot of the GPU card market. Those who do not have put over 210 euros for a GPU card are very lucky. My Asus RX 570 did cost 209 euros with 3 year warranty. When I sell it, 2 years of warranty helps you sell the item a lot.

callcifer commented on 23 December 2018 at 10:04 pm UTC

So a card that doesn't exist yet might possibly perform better than a competitor's two generations old card in the future, when it's released. There is fanboyism all right, but I don't think it's coming from camp green.

lucinos commented on 23 December 2018 at 10:41 pm UTC

callcifer

So a card that doesn't exist yet might possibly perform better than a competitor's two generations old card in the future, when it's released. There is fanboyism all right, but I don't think it's coming from camp green.

maybe we are not amd fans but just nvidia haters

Wimpress commented on 10 January 2019 at 12:47 am UTC

Sorry Xpander

• +152 GPU Clock Offset
  • +900 Memory Transfer Rate Offset
  • 300W Power Limit

Ehvis commented on 11 January 2019 at 6:15 pm UTC

This seemed like a good way to test whether my new system was working properly. Default install, no tinkering or overclocking just yet.

It does demonstrate that the 20 series is definitely faster if you give it something to do.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Slash 'Em: „Torchlight II“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts