Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Unigine Superposition Benchmark
Page: «20/33»
  Go to:
Grimfist Jan 29, 2019
So, I upgraded my system with budget pieces of ebay, changed CPU from Xeon E3 1231 to i7 4790k and GPU from Asus GTX 970 to Asus GTX 1070. That's all I can do for my platform without investing much more. But I managed to break the wall of 3k score in Superposition, so yeah :D

msjyoshi Feb 6, 2019
So I got a setup with the new 2060 and decided to post the results here.

Ehvis Feb 7, 2019
Quoting: GuestThe Superposition benchmark is CPU bound, see the results. The Heaven benchmark is better for stress testing your computer.

Any benchmark can be CPU bound if you run it on a weak enough CPU. Superposition loaded my 2080 Ti 100% all the way through. I'm sure it could do a little better if it wasn't on OpenGL, but CPU bound it was not.
Wimpress Feb 8, 2019
Yep, I agree. Superposition stresses the GPU almost regardless of CPU in my testing. I've run the same GTX 1080 Ti on multiple computers with very different CPUs and the results are extremely similar. Without overclocking the GPU results on i9 9900K and i7 6770HQ are almost identical.
Xpander Mar 8, 2019
Sorry Wimpress :)

[

core +100 mem +1000
powerlimit 326W

Can't get core over that because with +100 it hits 2050mhz already and going over that will make it crash :)
woox2k Mar 8, 2019

New CPU/Mobo/RAM/PSU, same GPU (1070Ti)
Also tweaked clock settings a bit so there's a small improvement now: GPU: +180 VRAM: +1300 Power limit 217W

I was bored enough to make a Google Sheets page with updated results and some improvements (average score per card and charts) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vTU1V6SoGz7-P_pQHbgydeCGYoSsif552-wn6R_EPNA/edit?usp=sharing
Wimpress Mar 14, 2019
Sorry Xpander Errr, and everyone else

Intel Core [email protected] overclock.

• +150 GPU Clock Offset

• +1500 Memory Transfer Rate Offset

• 366W Power Limit

Xpander Mar 14, 2019
Quoting: WimpressSorry Xpander Errr, and everyone else

Cheats! :D
pete910 Mar 16, 2019
Quoting: Xpander
Quoting: WimpressSorry Xpander Errr, and everyone else

Cheats! :D

I think the biggest reason is the 2080ti

Updated!
Xpander Mar 16, 2019
Quoting: pete910I think the biggest reason is the 2080ti

Updated!

Ofc, that CPU doesn't change anything. i just didnt want to quote the picture :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.