Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Unigine Superposition Benchmark
Page: «22/33»
  Go to:
pete910 Mar 24, 2019
Quoting: Xpander
Quoting: pete910Tis why I ran it again. :D

You have your table a bit wrong. some places are swapped :) Might as well use the Woox google sheets, i think its way nicer.

Bloody hate spreadsheets

Done!
Koopacabras Mar 25, 2019
Quoting: pete910Had another go on Mesa 19, Had a nice boost too

:D

Have a Vaga 7 on my desk, when I get round to installing it I'll see how that does too.

Updated!

wired I'm getting worse performance with mesa 19, and I'm using the same kernel, any special tweaks?
Koopacabras Mar 25, 2019
so overclocked the ddr4 memory and run unigine on ICeWM lightweight WM, I was expecting better results I guess that overclocking the ram doesn't make any difference really.
at least now it runs on par with mesa 18, the problem was that mesa 19 needs llvm 8 I was using a repo that is compiled with llvm6, that's why I was getting worse performance.

ps: on windows I could get with crossfire double performance but that wouldn't count as fair.
Xpander Mar 25, 2019
The weird thing for me was that lighter WMs made it worse for me when i tried to squeeze every last bit out of my card. I tried. i3, awesome, twm(thatone didnt work at all), openbox and they all gave about 40-50 pts less than i was able to get with my MATE desktop and marco WM.
pete910 Mar 25, 2019
Quoting: chancho_zombie
Quoting: pete910Had another go on Mesa 19, Had a nice boost too

:D

Have a Vaga 7 on my desk, when I get round to installing it I'll see how that does too.

Updated!

wired I'm getting worse performance with mesa 19, and I'm using the same kernel, any special tweaks?

My card is in under a full water block, it's also running the vega liquid cooled bios
Koopacabras Mar 26, 2019
Quoting: XpanderThe weird thing for me was that lighter WMs made it worse for me when i tried to squeeze every last bit out of my card. I tried. i3, awesome, twm(thatone didnt work at all), openbox and they all gave about 40-50 pts less than i was able to get with my MATE desktop and marco WM.

it is not the case for me with KWin I get worse performance and even worse if composition is enabled.
dubigrasu Apr 26, 2019
While waiting for the money to pile up so I can buy a super-duper Nvidia card, I decided to prolong my AMD-only stint and get one of those best_performance_per_dollar Radeon RX 580. But since the RX 590 started to be found at similar (or even lower) prices, I got the Sapphire Radeon RX 590 Nitro+, a pretty great card, with good performance (yes, for the money) and surprisingly cool and silent.

And oh, like @bintsmok mentioned earlier, Superposition 1.1 works "out of the box" now, no need for futz around this time.

mylka Apr 26, 2019
rx580

new CPU

Last edited by mylka on 30 December 2020 at 2:58 am UTC
pete910 Apr 27, 2019
Quoting: GuestUnigine Superposition v1.1 works on AMD GPU's with Mesa. The previous version was broken and won't run.

It ran fine for me and others if you look through the results
truebluewoo Apr 28, 2019
If your wondering what the rtx2080ti benchmarks are like:

Strangely @1080p it almost always performs worse..

My CPU is an old i74k (4th Gen), its probably the bottleneck. GPU is Gigabyte windforce rtx2080ti. I'm not going to upgrade the cpu anytime soon - not until the various meltdown / Spectre bugs have been sorted out and not until DDR5 is available. Also thinking of getting an AMD cpu, its been a while since I got an AMD cpu.

I started scrolling back, damn others already have a gigabyte rtx2080ti as well - but my 4K results are far better than my 1080p results...
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.