Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay!
  Go to:
Unigine Superposition Benchmark
pete910 commented on 23 March 2019 at 10:52 am UTC

Had another go on Mesa 19, Had a nice boost too

Have a Vaga 7 on my desk, when I get round to installing it I'll see how that does too.

Updated!

woox2k commented on 23 March 2019 at 7:13 pm UTC

Damn you! It took me ages to get my score above your previous and right below 1080's.

Also, Google Sheets updated!

pete910 commented on 24 March 2019 at 11:19 am UTC

woox2kDamn you! It took me ages to get my score above your previous and right below 1080's.

Also, Google Sheets updated!

Tis why I ran it again.

Xpander commented on 24 March 2019 at 11:27 am UTC

pete910Tis why I ran it again.

You have your table a bit wrong. some places are swapped Might as well use the Woox google sheets, i think its way nicer.

pete910 commented on 24 March 2019 at 12:27 pm UTC

Xpander
pete910Tis why I ran it again.

You have your table a bit wrong. some places are swapped Might as well use the Woox google sheets, i think its way nicer.

Bloody hate spreadsheets

Done!

chancho_zombie commented on 25 March 2019 at 5:00 am UTC

pete910Had another go on Mesa 19, Had a nice boost too

Have a Vaga 7 on my desk, when I get round to installing it I'll see how that does too.

Updated!

wired I'm getting worse performance with mesa 19, and I'm using the same kernel, any special tweaks?

chancho_zombie commented on 25 March 2019 at 5:42 am UTC

so overclocked the ddr4 memory and run unigine on ICeWM lightweight WM, I was expecting better results I guess that overclocking the ram doesn't make any difference really.
at least now it runs on par with mesa 18, the problem was that mesa 19 needs llvm 8 I was using a repo that is compiled with llvm6, that's why I was getting worse performance.

ps: on windows I could get with crossfire double performance but that wouldn't count as fair.

Xpander commented on 25 March 2019 at 9:15 am UTC

The weird thing for me was that lighter WMs made it worse for me when i tried to squeeze every last bit out of my card. I tried. i3, awesome, twm(thatone didnt work at all), openbox and they all gave about 40-50 pts less than i was able to get with my MATE desktop and marco WM.

pete910 commented on 25 March 2019 at 10:22 pm UTC

chancho_zombie
pete910Had another go on Mesa 19, Had a nice boost too

Updated!

wired I'm getting worse performance with mesa 19, and I'm using the same kernel, any special tweaks?

My card is in under a full water block, it's also running the vega liquid cooled bios

chancho_zombie commented on 26 March 2019 at 4:01 pm UTC

XpanderThe weird thing for me was that lighter WMs made it worse for me when i tried to squeeze every last bit out of my card. I tried. i3, awesome, twm(thatone didnt work at all), openbox and they all gave about 40-50 pts less than i was able to get with my MATE desktop and marco WM.

it is not the case for me with KWin I get worse performance and even worse if composition is enabled.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts