Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Unigine Superposition Benchmark
Page: «26/33»
  Go to:
Vinouch Sep 10, 2020
OMG !

It perform better with wine Vulkan/DXVK !

DXVK :

Same machine, on Linux :

Last edited by Vinouch on 10 September 2020 at 2:20 pm UTC
Koopacabras Sep 10, 2020
Quoting: VinouchOMG !

It perform better with wine Vulkan/DXVK !

DXVK :

and that's the reason why I bought AMD, DXVK just works way better.
Xpander Sep 10, 2020
This is also on nvidia. Its the directX version of the benchmark that just performs better than openGL. And you dont loose much with DXVK translation. OpenGL isnt just up to scratch for this heavy thing. Probably also a lot less optimized.
Vinouch Sep 10, 2020
It perform better on Linux DXVK than on Windows native Directx 11
On my windows 7 directx 11 : 3659
On my Linux DXVK : 3801
https://www.gamingonlinux.com/forum/topic/2683/post_id=29621
So, the better score I got is on Linux DXVK

Last edited by Vinouch on 10 September 2020 at 7:53 pm UTC
Xpander Sep 10, 2020
Yeah cause AMD windows divers just suck in dx11 and windows bloat will probably kill some perf also, depends on your system ofc, how clean it is etc

edit: you can also test with DXVK on windows to see if windows is the issue or AMD DX11 drivers just suck :)
just drop the d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll into the superposition folder, next to executable and try

Last edited by Xpander on 11 September 2020 at 8:01 am UTC
Vinouch Sep 14, 2020
Quoting: Xpanderyou can also test with DXVK on windows... just drop the d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll into the superposition folder, next to executable and try
I'm interesting. Where to get these two files? Chance to work on dx11 games?
Xpander Sep 14, 2020
Quoting: Vinouch
Quoting: Xpanderyou can also test with DXVK on windows... just drop the d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll into the superposition folder, next to executable and try
I'm interesting. Where to get these two files? Chance to work on dx11 games?

from here: https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases
just make sure you use the correct ones. for 64bit games the 64bit ones.. though i dont think there are many 32bit games these days anyway.

Also windows is not officialy supported DXVK, some games might not work like that.
Vinouch Sep 14, 2020
I run the benchmark successfully with DXVK on windows, so I compared all my tests.

Here my results.

System:
Linux Ubuntu 20.04.1 kernel 5.8.7 + Mesa 20.3
Windows 7 + AMD driver 20.8.3
i5-2500 + RX 5600 XT overclocked

Ehvis Sep 14, 2020
I'm actually impressed by the opengl performance. I would have expected a bigger gap.
Wimpress Sep 26, 2020
Here's the Gigabyte RTX 3090 Gaming OC running at stock on Ubuntu 20.04.1 with an Intel Core [email protected] all core and DDR4@3600Mhz with tuned sub memory timings. I'll get to overclocking the 3090 in the next day or two...

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.