Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Unigine Superposition Benchmark
Page: «19/33»
  Go to:
lucinos Nov 23, 2018
I dunno if it would be too much work, but I think driver and kernel should be in the table
oxo Dec 20, 2018

GTX 1070Ti

CPU @ 4.1 MEM 3333mhz
GPU +150 MEM +650
POWER LIMIT @ 217W
Xpander Dec 21, 2018
Quoting: GuestWe beat nvidia fanboys with the RX 3080 at fraction of the GTX 1070Ti cost next year.

yep yep, we will see about that. theres no confirmation about the prices and anything.

Also getting 1070Ti performance like 2 years later isnt something really to be proud of.

Lets hope AMD will pull off though. Competition is needed
Xpander Dec 22, 2018
Quoting: Guest
Quoting: Xpander
Quoting: GuestWe beat nvidia fanboys with the RX 3080 at fraction of the GTX 1070Ti cost next year.
Also getting 1070Ti performance like 2 years later isnt something really to be proud of.
Closed source graphics drivers are cheating in rendering so that they look good in benchmarks. That isn't something really to be proud of.
Vega 64 is faster than 1070Ti
graphics hierarchy

Not the right place to argue, but ofc Vega 64 is faster than 1070Ti, it costs 100€ more also. and when it comes to vulkan and Linux, vega 64 has hard time to fight with 1070Ti in many cases, while some cases its equal with GTX 1080. Cheating or not in drivers,im talking about games, not this superposition benchmark. We will see what AMD will bring, hopefully something good becaus the prices are insanity. AMD is good in the midrange market atm. RX580 and 590 are really good for the money. GTX 1060 doesn't get close in most cases. But AMD lacks cards on higher end sadly.
Xpander Dec 22, 2018
Quoting: GuestVega 64 is faster than 1070ti in Linux gaming too. vega 64 vs 1070ti Linux gaming

Victory for open source drivers without cheating. Prices varies country by country, here Asus Vega64 8GB costs 50 euros more than Asus 1070ti 8GB and both are cheapest available.

So its slightly better on those benchmarks, with double the power consumption. Also cheapest Vega 64 i can find here is 628€ while cheapest 1070Ti is 429€. Anyway, its getting too offtopic here. If you want to argue, pm me or create a new discussion.
callcifer Dec 23, 2018

So a card that doesn't exist yet might possibly perform better than a competitor's two generations old card in the future, when it's released. There is fanboyism all right, but I don't think it's coming from camp green.
lucinos Dec 23, 2018
Quoting: callcifer

So a card that doesn't exist yet might possibly perform better than a competitor's two generations old card in the future, when it's released. There is fanboyism all right, but I don't think it's coming from camp green.

maybe we are not amd fans but just nvidia haters :P
Wimpress Jan 10, 2019
Sorry Xpander

• +152 GPU Clock Offset

• +900 Memory Transfer Rate Offset

• 300W Power Limit

Ehvis Jan 11, 2019
This seemed like a good way to test whether my new system was working properly. Default install, no tinkering or overclocking just yet.

It does demonstrate that the 20 series is definitely faster if you give it something to do.

pete910 Jan 22, 2019
Updated!
Quoting: EhvisThis seemed like a good way to test whether my new system was working properly. Default install, no tinkering or overclocking just yet.

It does demonstrate that the 20 series is definitely faster if you give it something to do.

[img]snip

Agreed but going on the price it should be 2 times plus quicker than the 1080 ti for the price it is which it's far from being.

Updated
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.