Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Unigine Superposition Benchmark
Page: «24/33»
  Go to:
Koopacabras Jul 24, 2020
Quoting: Xpanderwhy does mesa report cards as 570/580/590
they are all different GPUs. which is it then?... thats kinda stupid imo

because is the same silicon chipset just with more compute cores, stream processors enable, high grade chipset become 580/590, low quality chipsets become 570, same as CPUs that low quality chips end being low tier, they are just the same but with some deffective cores that get disabled. In the end is the same Polaris 10 chip.
Xpander Jul 25, 2020
Quoting: The_Aquabat

because is the same silicon chipset just with more compute cores, stream processors enable, high grade chipset become 580/590, low quality chipsets become 570, same as CPUs that low quality chips end being low tier, they are just the same but with some deffective cores that get disabled. In the end is the same Polaris 10 chip.

That wasn't my point..I know what it is. But why it reports all those names..It could surely have the correct name by checking how many stream processors are enabled or whats the powerlimit or whatnot
pete910 Jul 25, 2020
Quoting: Xpander
Quoting: The_Aquabat

That wasn't my point..I know what it is. But why it reports all those names..It could surely have the correct name by checking how many stream processors are enabled or whats the powerlimit or whatnot

Or just by reading the device string reported from the host OS.
Koopacabras Aug 21, 2020
Just received my new 5600 xt, Gigabyte Windforce version. Slight OC on the Gpu. Slight OC on the Cpu @3.8GHZ (Ryzen 2600)
it reports as a 5700xt, but it's a 5600xt.

UPDATE SCORE! (figured out how to OC Navi)

Last edited by Koopacabras on 25 August 2020 at 1:55 am UTC
beko Aug 30, 2020
Quoting: The_AquabatJust received my new 5600 xt, Gigabyte Windforce version. Slight OC on the Gpu. Slight OC on the Cpu @3.8GHZ (Ryzen 2600)
it reports as a 5700xt, but it's a 5600xt.

this is also a 5600XT but it shows 5700XT:

No OC on my side.

I read about issues with it's vbios and the journey to flash it here and part two here but I still have to read into the details.

It feels like it's underperforming.

UPDATE:

I checked the bios with amdvbflash and the "latest" I find on techpowerup is XFX.RX5600XT.6144.200327.rom

Product Name is :    NAVI10 A1/A2 D1990301 XLE 6GB 300e/875m 
    Device ID is    :    731F
    Bios Version    :    017.001.000.068.000000
    Bios P/N is     :    113-170WCNAVIXLE6
    Bios SSID       :    5710
    Bios SVID       :    1682
    Bios Date is    :    03/27/20 21:25 

while the vBios I extracted from the GPU is already

Product Name is :    NAVI10 A1/A2 D18903 XLE 6GB 300e/875m 
    Device ID is    :    731F
    Bios Version    :    017.001.000.068.000000
    Bios P/N is     :    113-160WDNAVIXLE6
    Bios SSID       :    5710
    Bios SVID       :    1682
    Bios Date is    :    05/14/20 02:16 

So I guess I'm uptodate as long as I can not find any more recent vBios for this GPU.

Last edited by beko on 30 August 2020 at 2:46 pm UTC
Koopacabras Aug 30, 2020
seems Ok to me without OC I get 3400 or so...better than me. XFX is not precisely one of the best brands for AMD, likewise Gigabyte (the one I have). I think the best ones are Shappire, MSI and ASUS. Probably those ones can hit 3600 points without OC. Anyway it's just a trick because the cards performing better have higher clocks, so the OC I did would be like normal clocks for a Shappire card imo. In this cards the clocks are lower because the thermal solution is not upto the task.
Too bad that this cards cannot be bios modded, like polares did, if I understand correctly now you might brick your card if you flash a modded bios.

Last edited by Koopacabras on 30 August 2020 at 3:22 pm UTC
beko Aug 30, 2020
Quoting: The_Aquabatseems Ok to me without OC I get 3400 or so...better than me. XFX is not precisely one of the best brands for AMD, likewise Gigabyte (the one I have). I think the best ones are Shappire, MSI and ASUS. Probably those ones can hit 3600 points without OC. Anyway it's just a trick because the cards performing better have higher clocks, so the OC I did would be like normal clocks for a Shappire card imo. In this cards the clocks are lower because the thermal solution is not upto the task.
Too bad that this cards cannot be bios modded, like polares did, if I understand correctly now you might brick your card if you flash a modded bios.
I read that it won't boot if you flash it without a valid signature. This is what the -rsa command is for on the flash util.

I researched somewhat and it looks like my precise model is XFX Radeon RX 5600 XT THICC III Pro 14Gbps 6GB GDDR6 and XFX has currently no more recent vBios so I'm good on this.

Interesting is that it has a vBios switch. The switch position closer to the power connector is "performance" mode while there is also a quiet mode. I wonder.. mine is currently on performance and in idle I have 15W consumption and 0 rpm on the fan. That sounds awesome to me :D
Koopacabras Aug 30, 2020
Quoting: bekomine is currently on performance and in idle I have 15W consumption and 0 rpm on the fan. That sounds awesome to me :D
yes it's great on power efficiency, with corectrl you can override the power limit up to 160 watts.
Quoting: bekoit looks like my precise model is XFX Radeon RX 5600 XT THICC III Pro 14Gbps 6GB GDDR6
can't remember which brand, but there's only 1 model that's was left with the 12Gbps bios. Mine had the old bios at 12Gbps and now it's 14Gbps.
pete910 Aug 31, 2020
I'll get the OP updated today, have neglected it a bit

Also just realised that I never added my Vega 7 to it

Edit , Maybe not. Don't have write access to the spreadsheet

Here's mine, its only a year + late

Last edited by pete910 on 31 August 2020 at 9:09 am UTC
Xpander Aug 31, 2020
Quoting: pete910Edit , Maybe not. Don't have write access to the spreadsheet
PM your email to woox2k or me

Last edited by Xpander on 31 August 2020 at 9:53 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.