Support me on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux (and me) alive. Funding me on Patreon allows us to have no adverts, no paywalls, no timed articles. Just good content for you to keep up with Linux gaming. Alternatively, you can support me on Paypal.
Idea's for the Ark server!
iAlwaysSin commented on 20 April 2017 at 1:58 pm UTC
  • Contributing Editor

Now as we already know we have an Ark server and that I stream it for Gaming on Linux and that I also run it.

But as I have noticed the server is struggling to keep players, playing for a long time except for me haha! and I know it has something to do with gliches, the map ect. But I'm think maybe we should change it up, make the server more fun add some PVP and maybe even change the map and the mechanics.

I'm think we should maybe do Primative+ it makes us focus of stone and wood but also adds new things we don't have! I was also thinking that maybe eventually as I understand this will be hard to achieve right now is that there are 3 main tribes, you don't have to join these tribes but you can alliance with them if you still wanna solo play. But these 3 mains tribes cant alliance with each other, that was means that maybe we could do some great PVP fights and raids in the future.

I really do think this could be fun and maybe make it better for people as there are certain things we cant really do anyway like getting Tek tier (which tbh I'm fine with not getting, as Im not up for lasers and stuff any way)

So if everyone could mention what they would like to see maybe we can make the server something everyone wants and not just what it is right now

Xpander commented on 20 April 2017 at 2:07 pm UTC

change the map? Scorched Earth or the Center Map. but keep the player levels.

i pretty much lost the interest into the game, most of the stuff was already achieved and Tek stuff is impossible on linux client due to glitches.

iAlwaysSin commented on 20 April 2017 at 2:17 pm UTC
  • Contributing Editor

Xpanderchange the map? Scorched Earth or the Center Map. but keep the player levels.

i pretty much lost the interest into the game, most of the stuff was already achieved and Tek stuff is impossible on linux client due to glitches.

A map change is also being considered, but might not be to SE most likely Center. But with a map change I think to eliminate the whole tek teir thing that maybe Primitive plus could help with that because it was easy to get my massive metal base... And its free.

But I do wanna make the server have more PVP like I haven't killed anyone

And player lvls will stay too. That way you dont have to grind for 3 years LUL

Kallestofeles commented on 20 April 2017 at 5:57 pm UTC

I'd love the change as you already know. If you can keep the player levels then that's cool and all, but I think I'd prefer a clean start... you know, new game, fresh stuff. Maybe I'm just weird like that.

iAlwaysSin commented on 20 April 2017 at 6:15 pm UTC
  • Contributing Editor

KallestofelesI'd love the change as you already know. If you can keep the player levels then that's cool and all, but I think I'd prefer a clean start... you know, new game, fresh stuff. Maybe I'm just weird like that.

Yeah I think lots of people are going to be yes and no for levels. I don't mind and we can always us the Xp gain ect.

Been looking at primitive plus, doesn't seem perfect but the structures looks awesome and means maybe we can roles or what ever.

But my main thing is having more pvp tbh

Ehvis commented on 20 April 2017 at 6:41 pm UTC

I think the most effective way to get more players in there would be for the Linux build of the game to be brought into a reasonable state. It would certainly help my willingness to spend money on it. Unlikely to happen any time soon though.

iAlwaysSin commented on 20 April 2017 at 6:58 pm UTC
  • Contributing Editor

EhvisI think the most effective way to get more players in there would be for the Linux build of the game to be brought into a reasonable state. It would certainly help my willingness to spend money on it. Unlikely to happen any time soon though.

Well yeah but until then, I'm thinking of new things for the server and to keep us playing that already have put loads of time into the server

Erin commented on 21 April 2017 at 4:14 pm UTC

I'm not a fan of PVP in general. I am down for a new map(though I haven't purchased Scorched Earth), but would prefer to keep levels if at all possible. To be honest though PVP is what drove me away from the game in the first place. At least PVP in the form of offline base raids. There is nothing more game killing to me than to have weeks worth of grind destroyed while I'm at work. It was fun while it lasted and I'll still give it a go, but this might kill it for me.

iAlwaysSin commented on 21 April 2017 at 4:21 pm UTC
  • Contributing Editor

ErinI'm not a fan of PVP in general. I am down for a new map(though I haven't purchased Scorched Earth), but would prefer to keep levels if at all possible. To be honest though PVP is what drove me away from the game in the first place. At least PVP in the form of offline base raids. There is nothing more game killing to me than to have weeks worth of grind destroyed while I'm at work. It was fun while it lasted and I'll still give it a go, but this might kill it for me.

If this is done with Primitive plus a lot of raiding will be of players as Primitive plus doesn't have turrets ect nor all the main annoying guns that destroy structures are bot included with primitive plus.

Erin commented on 21 April 2017 at 5:14 pm UTC

Like I say, It's cool and I'm still down to play. I wouldn't even mind fighting other people from time to time. I'm just not a fan of offline raids. I don't/won't do it and I hate when it happens to me. I originally played on official servers and pretty much rage quit and never looked back until my tribemate found your server. It has been great fun to be able to actually advance in the game in our small two man tribe.

I am excited to try primitive + though and The Center. I have never done either of those things.

It would be pretty neat to see some sort of city/commerce develop among the players as well.

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Games & Release Calendar
Livestreams & Videos
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook