You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can support us on Paypal and Liberapay!
  Go to:
The Ark server.
Erin commented on 26 April 2017 at 5:08 am UTC

lunix
Erin
iAlwaysSin
ErinServer question. What are the taming rates and breeding rates now? I fertilized a rex egg on the last server, but there is no way in hell I could ever have hatched and raised it.

I would be interested in knowing all the multipliers that have been increased.

its all at times 5 again, so it should be quicker than normal

Sweet deal. Though I doubt I'll be taming any rexs. Even at five times the normal rate I'd imagine it would take an entire day.

A level 150 rex with raw meat would take 1 hour and ~45 minutes.

My bad, I meant breeding. I won't be breeding any rexs anytime soon.

iAlwaysSin commented on 26 April 2017 at 9:54 am UTC

Erin
lunix
Erin
iAlwaysSin
ErinServer question. What are the taming rates and breeding rates now? I fertilized a rex egg on the last server, but there is no way in hell I could ever have hatched and raised it.

Sweet deal. Though I doubt I'll be taming any rexs. Even at five times the normal rate I'd imagine it would take an entire day.

All these thing are so easy to change.
But I only really change things when the whole server asks

Ketil commented on 26 April 2017 at 12:34 pm UTC

iAlwaysSin
Erin
lunix
Erin
iAlwaysSin

All these thing are so easy to change.
But I only really change things when the whole server asks
If it was possible to speedup baby stage, but keep juvenile and adolescent stage normal that would be ideal. At the moment they grow up so fast that it is hard to imprint them properly unless you are online every 3 hours. Speeding up breeding means you are able to breed them more often, slowing it down mean you will be able to get better breeds if you are able to get it past baby stage.

I managed to breed a therizino, which is actually slower than the rex, on this server while it was still the island. Only managed to get 3 or 4 imprints done, though as it grew up quite fast. What I wish I had was a good breeding calculator telling me how often I had to feed it once it could carry 50 berries, but couldn't find any.

I am more worried about hatching the eggs on primitive plus than to manage to feed them at the current rate. We don't have air conditions any more, so will have to come up with alternative and probably watch the hatching eggs more closely.

iAlwaysSin commented on 28 April 2017 at 5:18 pm UTC

KetilIf it was possible to speedup baby stage, but keep juvenile and adolescent stage normal that would be ideal. At the moment they grow up so fast that it is hard to imprint them properly unless you are online every 3 hours. Speeding up breeding means you are able to breed them more often, slowing it down mean you will be able to get better breeds if you are able to get it past baby stage.

I have taken a look at it looks like this:
MatingIntervalMultiplier
EggHatchSpeedMultiplier
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier
LayEggIntervalMultiplier
BabyFoodConsumptionSpeedMultiplier

So I'm guessing from this I cant change much! Sorry dude

Erin commented on 29 April 2017 at 3:36 am UTC

I'm good with the levels. I wasn't asking to speed things up. I was just commenting that our little two man tribe couldn't easily be on enough to breed a rex.

I really enjoy the server and the center/primitive plus is great. I wish the online resources to figure out how to use things were better though.

iAlwaysSin commented on 29 April 2017 at 10:13 am UTC

ErinI'm good with the levels. I wasn't asking to speed things up. I was just commenting that our little two man tribe couldn't easily be on enough to breed a rex.

I really enjoy the server and the center/primitive plus is great. I wish the online resources to figure out how to use things were better though.

Im glad your enjoying the sever.
I am yet to play it properly and still not in a tribe

Xpander commented on 29 April 2017 at 10:19 am UTC

I am quite enjoying the primitive plus stuff and also the Center Map looks a lot better. The only problem is that there aren't many people playing. World is quite empty, few houses here and there and also reaching slowly to the point where everything is already achieved that can be achieved with the primitive plus

Erin commented on 29 April 2017 at 5:24 pm UTC

I don't mind the small number of people. I have fun just playing with my tribe. There was nothing more annoying on the official servers than going about my business, then getting knocked out out of nowhere and having all my stuff stolen. I know the game better now though, so I may actually be able to defend myself.

Ketil commented on 29 April 2017 at 6:07 pm UTC

I like the center map, but I am not yet sure how well I like primitive plus compared to normal though. Seems a bit unpolished, and wiki information is lacking. I like playing with the people on the server though, but I wish there were more of us.

Maybe we should organize some tribe wars? I would prefer raiding only when the defending tribe is online. We don't have to go all out either, we could do some safe war, where the competing tribes build a small defensible base the other tribes are permitted attack, while the main bases are safe.

Xpander commented on 29 April 2017 at 6:25 pm UTC

Tribe War events would be cool

can build some arenas maybe where to fight etc

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook