Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay!
  Go to:
The Ark server.
Ketil commented on 29 April 2017 at 7:41 pm UTC

Could you set BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier to 0.2, or (1 / BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier) if you change the BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier later? This means speeding up breeding won't negatively affect imprinting.

*edit never mind, I see that it decrease the effect of each imprint. With that I am fine with both faster, same or slower breeding speed.

iAlwaysSin commented on 5 May 2017 at 9:45 am UTC

Hey sorry guys been super busy.
Im playing Ark today, so I cna always find a good place to build a PVP arena, but this was a test and Im trying to still figure out great ways of making the server better for linux players.

I have also seen people take away metal, on normal servers and only allow Plant Species there for making loading times less as Primitive+ gone.

I just haven't had time to play to be honest so Im excited to play today
And Im always down to make stuff and make events, but there are just little amount of people when I get time to play.

Ketil commented on 5 May 2017 at 9:01 pm UTC

Announce the time you want to hold the events a few days before, and I am more likely to login then.

Guest commented on 6 May 2017 at 2:32 am UTC

iAlwaysSin[...]

I have also seen people take away metal, on normal servers and only allow Plant Species there for making loading times less as Primitive+ gone.

[...]

If you're thinking of scrapping Primitive+ for something like that, I'd really love to try out Survival Plus. It's distributed as a normal mod instead of a total conversion in order to keep loading times low, but for all intents and purposes, it's a primitive total conversion, with a few extras.

The thing that interests me most is the currency system - some of us more active players would be able to make towns for people to set up shops in, rental rooms and houses, etc. It would allow the more active players to make life a little easier on the newer players even if we're not online.

I'd also be much more interested in doing PvP more often if it involved sieges and wars for taxable territory (I don't think taxes are set up yet, but it's in the plans), rather than just throwing a whole bunch of really hard to tame dinos at each other.

iAlwaysSin commented on 6 May 2017 at 12:19 pm UTC

iAlwaysSinHey sorry guys been super busy.
Im playing Ark today, so I cna always find a good place to build a PVP arena, but this was a test and Im trying to still figure out great ways of making the server better for linux players.

I just haven't had time to play to be honest so Im excited to play today
And Im always down to make stuff and make events, but there are just little amount of people when I get time to play.

Yeah I will look into that as soon as

valczir
iAlwaysSin[...]

[...]

If you're thinking of scrapping Primitive+ for something like that, I'd really love to try out Survival Plus. It's distributed as a normal mod instead of a total conversion in order to keep loading times low, but for all intents and purposes, it's a primitive total conversion, with a few extras.

The thing that interests me most is the currency system - some of us more active players would be able to make towns for people to set up shops in, rental rooms and houses, etc. It would allow the more active players to make life a little easier on the newer players even if we're not online.

I'd also be much more interested in doing PvP more often if it involved sieges and wars for taxable territory (I don't think taxes are set up yet, but it's in the plans), rather than just throwing a whole bunch of really hard to tame dinos at each other.

Well it takes me like 15 mins to load Primitive+ which is annoying as hell for me. Maybe I will check it out and see what it does! Thanks for the heads up

Xpander commented on 6 May 2017 at 2:47 pm UTC

iAlwaysSinWell it takes me like 15 mins to load Primitive+ which is annoying as hell for me. Maybe I will check it out and see what it does! Thanks for the heads up

Ouch it takes 3-4 min for me which is already super annoying , cause without that mod it was just 40 sec

Guest commented on 6 May 2017 at 3:16 pm UTC

iAlwaysSinWell it takes me like 15 mins to load Primitive+ which is annoying as hell for me. Maybe I will check it out and see what it does! Thanks for the heads up

Yeah, it's pretty bad for me, too. My play sessions are usually very long, so it doesn't bother me as much, but I'm definitely learning to start loading the game before I start making coffee or tea.

I spent an hour or so on one of the survival plus servers yesterday, just to make sure loading times are okay and there weren't any Linux bugs. I loaded the game in under 20 seconds, and I didn't see any bugs with the items or engrams. For comparison, primitive plus takes me between five and ten minutes to load.

From what I've read, it sounds like the difference is due to primitive plus being distributed as a total conversion, which causes the entire game to be loaded in to RAM multiple times. With mods that aren't distributed as total conversions, it only loads the main game once, then adds on the mod - so load times are not affected much.

Ketil commented on 6 May 2017 at 5:43 pm UTC

Installing ARK on an SSD helps a lot with loading times. Even vanilla ARK loads slowly from a HDD.

And thanks for the server update, will be cool to see if we manage to get bees. I better get started with getting eggs for the kibble.

Erin commented on 6 May 2017 at 6:51 pm UTC

Logging in for a bit now. Are things going to be different on primitive plus? I thought it had its own updates.

Erin commented on 6 May 2017 at 7:12 pm UTC

Damn, it mind wiped me. I guess that isn't too big a deal.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Tac Tics: „SteamWorld Heist“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts