Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal, Flattr, Liberapay or Buy us a Coffee. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
The Ark server.
Page: «6/13»
  Go to:
Liam Dawe 24 May, 2017

The server is PVP friendly, best boost your defences ;)

evergreen 24 May, 2017

Oh, I see, ok. But let me say to all the gol-ark-server-visitors: Evergreen an Lenny are friendly :D

iAlwaysSin 29 May, 2017

Hey everyone!

Was just checking if enjoy was still liking the server and if everything is okay?
Since the server changed map ect I have not really played but was making sure everyone else is happy with it?!

Liam Dawe 30 May, 2017

It's probable we will be going back to the normal game without primative plus.

It's causing too many issues for some people who have stopped playing due to it. The mod also causes a range of other issues, especially with the game still in early access.

We will stay on the current map, but it's likely players will need to be wiped, so we all have a fresh start.

Aurelien 30 May, 2017

Oh really ! What kind of issues so far ? Well the loading time is quite long but i didn't had any issues yet with the game. Maybe this is related to the new patches v258&primitive+?

evergreen 30 May, 2017

Quoting: iAlwaysSinHey everyone!

Was just checking if enjoy was still liking the server and if everything is okay?
Since the server changed map ect I have not really played but was making sure everyone else is happy with it?!

Hello,
found your avatar sleeping near our old base ;)
the server works fine, never had bugs except glitches caused by bad linux client...

Guest 31 May, 2017

Quoting: liamdaweIt's probable we will be going back to the normal game without primative plus.

It's causing too many issues for some people who have stopped playing due to it. The mod also causes a range of other issues, especially with the game still in early access.

We will stay on the current map, but it's likely players will need to be wiped, so we all have a fresh start.

Can we hold off on doing that for a week or two? I really was excited to try out primitive+ 1.5, now that it's released, but I picked up a motherboard/CPU/RAM upgrade over the weekend and am not yet fully up and running. I've got a full GUI, but something seems to be preventing me from logging in to the server (I'm getting errors saying the server password is wrong, which makes me think that I've still got some network libraries that were compiled with bulldozer optimizations, which has been resulting in "illegal instruction" a lot).

Also, just a side note, I do think I like Prim+ better than the base game, and I know my tribe mate prefers it by a larger margin than I do. The load times suck, and I hate the queen bee and feather bugs (hopefully 1.5 fixed them?), but the positives outweigh the negatives for me. If we have another server wipe, wiping out the progress of another big base that I've built up (actually, this time I have three bases and was planning to put a fourth in the underground world), and it's just going back to normal ARK, it's likely that you'll lose us two. I don't mean that as a threat or anything, but I wanted to state our perspective.

Server wipes suck, and if I'm losing 100ish hours of base building and taming progress yet again, I don't think I'll put in the effort for base ARK without any mods.

Never mind. It looks like the server's already wiped, as it's claiming it's now on The Island map. Ah, well, I'm off to find other servers. Thanks (genuinely) for the fun! I just can't stomach starting over again if it's not something new.

Ketil 2 Jun, 2017

I stopped playing because I prefer vanilla ARK over primitive plus. I experienced everything I could easily within the first few weeks, and then there just weren't anything new to discover. Vanilla has way more content to explore. Scorched Earth would be fun, but vanilla is fun too.

Aurelien 9 Jun, 2017

So actually what is the state of the server ?
Few days ago i couldn't connect with password/connexion issues.
Everything has been wiped and back to the island without any mods ?

iAlwaysSin 10 Jun, 2017

Quoting: AurelienSo actually what is the state of the server ?
Few days ago i couldn't connect with password/connexion issues.
Everything has been wiped and back to the island without any mods ?

The server is vanilla. After spending 5 nights in a row trying to get mods to work and failed. Sorry if no one likes this but I am not a genius.

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...