You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support me on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. Funding me on Patreon allows us to have no adverts, no paywalls, no timed articles. Just good content for you to keep up with Linux gaming. Alternatively, you can support me on Paypal.
  Go to:
The Ark server.
liamdawe commented on 9 July 2017 at 9:41 am UTC

So did they just make the Linux version worse again?

Ketil commented on 15 July 2017 at 11:44 pm UTC

ErinMy gasoline production has been cut in half. Is this a server setting or is the game glitched? It is taking 6 oil and 5 hide to make 5 gasoline. Any thoughts?
Quote- For 260.0 it is written in the Patch Notes that only in singleplayer the cost were increased from 3 to 6 oil, but the change was actually made also for multiplayer.
Looking at the ark wiki, it seems like I was wrong earlier so the solo setting doesn't affect it.

CyberRat commented on 17 July 2017 at 10:01 am UTC

Hi, any chance for mods "classic flyers" and "Structures plus" to be added to the server?

liamdawe commented on 20 July 2017 at 10:34 am UTC

Are any of you still using the server?

Ketil commented on 20 July 2017 at 2:07 pm UTC

I still play on the server, but the last couple of days I didn't have time to play because of real life. I will shortly take about 2 weeks holidays without playing as well. I like the server, although I think it can be a bit quiet at times, and I don't really mind to start over on a different server if it turns out it is too expensive to run.

EDIT: As far as I know there are 3 to 5 other active on that server, but I don't want to speak for them.

Anders1232 commented on 22 July 2017 at 12:09 am UTC

I, ketil and a friend(windows user) still playing in the server. And enjoyng a peaceful pvp server. I'm playing in the server for about 2 weeks.

Xpander commented on 23 July 2017 at 11:12 am UTC

wanted to check out the game again, but ohh god, they have broken it even more, water shaders are broken now.
I hear its fine on the center map but bugged on every other map.
good going by ARK dev team... Release is close also, i somehow doubt we will ever get the visual parity with other platforms and i even doubt the glitches will be fixed... sad... really sad. the game has really good content.

Ardje commented on 24 July 2017 at 11:10 am UTC

I have yet to find a way to connect to the server... How do I do that from *big picture*
I am on steamos... so desktop mode is not an option.
I found the list on desktop mode, but not in BP mode.

Ketil commented on 24 July 2017 at 12:10 pm UTC

You can start the game first, and join the server from there? I added it to favourite in steam desktop mode once, then I only list favourite ark servers in the in-game list. It will remember the favourite filter when you exit and restart the game. I still need to write the password every time though.

I don't know how steamOS work, but if you have a menu system you can access and edit easily you can make a shortcut with "xdg-open steam://connect/193.111.186.8:27415" in exec, although it will ask you to type in the password in a steam popup.

elo commented on 24 July 2017 at 1:13 pm UTC

KetilI don't know how steamOS work, but if you have a menu system you can access and edit easily you can make a shortcut with "xdg-open steam://connect/193.111.186.8:27415" in exec, although it will ask you to type in the password in a steam popup.

If I remember correctly you should also be able to do this:
xdg-open steam://connect/193.111.186.8:27415/linuxftw

At least the steam browser documentation points that out it seem

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • hatniX plays: Hard West
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook