Use the open source social network called Mastodon? We're on there too! Follow us here.
Support me on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux (and me) alive. Funding me on Patreon allows us to have no adverts, no paywalls, no timed articles. Just good content for you to keep up with Linux gaming. Alternatively, you can support me on Paypal.
  Go to:
The Ark server.
Ketil commented on 24 July 2017 at 3:24 pm UTC

elo
KetilI don't know how steamOS work, but if you have a menu system you can access and edit easily you can make a shortcut with "xdg-open steam://connect/193.111.186.8:27415" in exec, although it will ask you to type in the password in a steam popup.

If I remember correctly you should also be able to do this:
xdg-open steam://connect/193.111.186.8:27415/linuxftw

At least the steam browser documentation points that out it seem
Ooh, handy. I was never able to find the steam documentation The man page is limiting and steam support doesn't have any obvious path to it.

I have found a way to launch ark without autoupdating. xdg-open steam:// will auto update, unless ark is already running. To start ark without autoupdating you 1. Turn off automatic updates for ark, 2. Start steam, 3. Run $HOME/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/ARK/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/ShooterGame (or equivalent, if the steam library is in a different location). Then you can use xdg-open, or join from the ingame browser menu.

Ardje commented on 31 July 2017 at 9:13 am UTC

Ok, I am building a base near the red obelisk. Nice taming and XP stats... In 3 days I am at a level what used to take me 1.5 years. Of course with the latest respec I jumped from L72 to L91.
I think I saw one flying and saying something, but it took a while before I figured out how chat works.
As it is very hard to chat with a steam controller, I just stay at a distance :-).
Latest update seemed to have b0rked joining any server...
Well a that time my farm plots should have grown something.
At least I have a horde of lysies now, upping my dilo's.

Ketil commented on 2 August 2017 at 10:09 pm UTC

We are going to spawn in an alpha broodmother lyrix the next few days, if you want to join then please let us know. We think doing caves are lots of fun.

Ardje commented on 11 August 2017 at 12:20 pm UTC

Can we have the pet-finder mod?
I use it in single play and that works wonders...

Also, if you have excess rotten meat, please dump it in my feeding through, I will turn them into narcotics, and put half of them in another unlocked large box.
You can also get the narcoberries from the through, and create them yourself though. Please donate 1/2 of them in an open box :-).

liamdawe commented on 14 August 2017 at 5:27 pm UTC

Please note: I've just made sure the server is up to date with the latest version of ARK.

I've also removed the password, we want the server to be as easily reachable as possible and password protected servers cause issues with the Linux version (weirdly). With it often crashing when doing the password bit (myself and Sin both had this issue often).

I still hope the fix up some of the issues in the Linux client, but the server is staying for the next few months at least

Ardje commented on 15 August 2017 at 6:31 pm UTC

liamdaweI still hope the fix up some of the issues in the Linux client, but the server is staying for the next few months at least
\0/

BTW: please make a public backup if you ever decide to stop it. So I can at least take over the base I build 8-D.

liamdawe commented on 15 August 2017 at 7:19 pm UTC

Ardje
liamdaweI still hope the fix up some of the issues in the Linux client, but the server is staying for the next few months at least
\0/

BTW: please make a public backup if you ever decide to stop it. So I can at least take over the base I build 8-D.
Of course

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook