You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support me on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! We will also never show adverts to anyone who supports GamingOnLinux! Alternatively, you can support me on Paypal.
  Go to:
The Ark server.
Rhythagoras commented on 6 September 2017 at 6:08 pm UTC

So I finally get around to checking this game out... Got connected to the server just fine...

but after a few minutes of gathering resources I have become stuck in the terrain and I have no idea how to get unstuck

EDIT: Nevermind, I was just carrying too much supplies haha

Xpander commented on 6 September 2017 at 7:07 pm UTC

Can we get a map that doesn't have that ocean water glitch? namely the Center...
its so ugly to play with the water like this.
Or people do not want a wipe yet?

liamdawe commented on 6 September 2017 at 7:23 pm UTC

More than happy to change the map, but that depends what people want.

Ardje commented on 7 September 2017 at 8:26 pm UTC

I assume a wipe means loosing all tames and resources? Can't they be uploaded and taken with us?
I got a load of tranqs (for anyone who needs them... in the unlocked boxes near the red obelix in my base), and I am trying to set up a sufficient fertilizer production line (which will be in the unlocked but empty box next to it.).
I don't mind loosing the buildings, but heh, I was just building up, I mean I think we had a thing going me and miss dodo...
The way she looks at me...
Anyway: my request as always is: public backup before wipe? If that is even possible.

Anders1232 commented on 14 October 2017 at 1:21 am UTC

Hmm, my first position is: I don't want to reset the server(due to map change) because my tribe already have a big base. But on the other side we aren't playing Ark at all, we are just keeping the dinos alive so on the next holiday we might play more Ark.

Probably if the server be reset, I'll uninstall it from my windows dual boot(I gave up on running Ark on Linux since https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/ark-survival-evolved-updated-with-the-latest-unreal-rendering-code-still-terrible-on-linux.10167/page=1#r100418 ).

ArdjeAnyway: my request as always is: public backup before wipe? If that is even possible.
Agree.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Story Time: "A New Beginning" (via Wine)
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook