You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can support us on Paypal and Liberapay!
  Go to:
The Ark server.
valczir commented on 6 May 2017 at 7:27 pm UTC

IIRC, engrams have to be specifically modified for primitive plus, but updates for dinos and stats still take effect. This is why we have Baryonyx in spite of the saddle engram being missing from the current version of primitive plus.

@Ketil: yeah, I'm running it off of an SSD. Normal ARK and Survival Plus (and anything else that isn't marked as a "Total Conversion" from ARK's viewpoint) loads in a really reasonable time - 10-20 seconds or so. Primitive Plus is long enough that I can enter the password, then go warm up the espresso machine, clean a portafilter, grind some coffee, pull a shot of espresso, and *still* have some time left over before the game loads.

Ketil commented on 6 May 2017 at 10:53 pm UTC

I need 6-7 minutes with SSD and 16 GB RAM and Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB, but I use my other monitor while waiting for it to login so I don't notice too much. Some times it even hang a bit before I can write the password. I see my ARK install folder is 32GB including base game, primitive plus, DLC and solo player save, so I guess it has to unload some data to make room for other data a few times.

evergreen commented on 10 May 2017 at 5:46 pm UTC

is the server temporarily down or was it shutted down?

staticx27 commented on 10 May 2017 at 6:50 pm UTC

evergreenis the server temporarily down or was it shutted down?

I'm wondering the same thing. I tried yesterday and couldn't get on. Thought it would be up at least by sometime today.

iAlwaysSin commented on 10 May 2017 at 9:53 pm UTC

Sorry guys the server went down for maintenance.
Im now trying to get it back up.

iAlwaysSin commented on 10 May 2017 at 9:54 pm UTC

iAlwaysSinSorry guys the server went down for maintenance.
Im now trying to get it back up.

Okay its back up now.
It went down yesterday when I was having my migraine and then I forgot to start the server back up.

It should be up and running now.

evergreen commented on 11 May 2017 at 4:38 am UTC

thank you so much!

liamdawe commented on 11 May 2017 at 9:02 am UTC

If the server is down, sending Sin a Tweet will likely help get noticed too in future: http://www.twitter.com/ialwayssin

valczir commented on 12 May 2017 at 11:49 pm UTC

liamdaweIf the server is down, sending Sin a Tweet will likely help get noticed too in future: http://www.twitter.com/ialwayssin

You're assuming I have twitter

evergreen commented on 24 May 2017 at 11:30 am UTC

Hello,
me, my son and a friend of mine play on your server. Two days ago my friend was rided during a disconnection of 10 minutes. So I would ask you how the server rules are and where are the pvp zones.
thank you very much

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Official Livestreams
Community Livestreams
  • Story Time: "Black Mirror 2" (via Wine)
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook