Usb soundcard for Linux?
gaardon Apr 30, 2017
Im planning to get a new soundcard for my computer as the one integrated in my motherboard seem to have buzzing when i use my mic. i want a usb one since my laptop also seem to buzz on some distros mostly Debian based ones. anyone has any good suggestions or recommendations?
razing32 May 1, 2017
I guess I would give Creative a go.
Have a HS720 headset that works pretty good.
Are you looking for just a headset or a full fledged soundcard ?
Xpander May 1, 2017
i use focusrite scarlett 2i2. it has 2 XLR inputs which might be too much for some so Scarlett Solo should do the job also.
its been working great and the soundquality is superb.
Shmerl May 2, 2017
I saw a card with open source schematics design: https://nwavguy.blogspot.co.nz/2012/04/odac-released.html

It should work fine with generic USB driver. You can buy ready solutions based on those schematics here: http://www.headnhifi.com/dac/OBJ_O2_ODAC_digital2
gaardon May 6, 2017
Quoting: razing32I guess I would give Creative a go.
Have a HS720 headset that works pretty good.
Are you looking for just a headset or a full fledged soundcard ?

It actually seems like i need both since my headset broke today... so yea... I have gotten many good tips tho keep them coming if you know of good linux products ^^
ziabice May 6, 2017
I'm a long time user of the Asus Xonar U3: it's very basic but does its job very well without breaking the bank.
gaardon May 6, 2017
Xonar U3 looks perfect on my budget ^^
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.