Was thinking of starting GoL nights!
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
Poll results: Do you want a Gaming on linux night every week where we play diffrent game every week?
Yes

11 vote(s)
100%
No

0 vote(s)
0%
erlaan May 26, 2017
Quoting: slackI think we could try co-op first: I think survival is a good start. Or outpost. You die fast and respawn fast. If we are enough we could try to form two teams.

I live in Europe and I usually access Frankfurt servers with a reasonable ping... ^_^
But I was thinking of putting in Sweden or Netherlands. Because I have a Dedi in Sweden. But I don't know what ping every one have to my server that is in Sweden. But many countries have good ping to Netherlands because they got the big connection points in Europe.

Here I have some ip addresses
139.59.209.160 < Frankfurt
37.139.28.133 < Netherlands
185.189.48.22 < Sweden

Can you respond with response time so I can see how big different it is for you to every server? and witch country do you sit in?
slack May 26, 2017
Quoting: erlaanBut I was thinking of putting in Sweden or Netherlands. Because I have a Dedi in Sweden. But I don't know what ping every one have to my server that is in Sweden. But many countries have good ping to Netherlands because they got the big connection points in Europe.

185.189.48.22 < Sweden

Can you respond with response time so I can see how big different it is for you to every server? and witch country do you sit in?

Ok. I'm in Spain but my ISP is awful >>
London -> 62
Frankfurt -> 77/86
CZ -> 94/102
Finland -> 107

When I add a server and try to find games at this address:
185.189.48.22 < Sweden

the answer is "Server is not responding"

Maybe I made a mistake :(
erlaan May 27, 2017
Quoting: slack
Quoting: erlaanBut I was thinking of putting in Sweden or Netherlands. Because I have a Dedi in Sweden. But I don't know what ping every one have to my server that is in Sweden. But many countries have good ping to Netherlands because they got the big connection points in Europe.

185.189.48.22 < Sweden

Ok. I'm in Spain but my ISP is awful >>
London -> 62
Frankfurt -> 77/86
CZ -> 94/102
Finland -> 107

When I add a server and try to find games at this address:
185.189.48.22 < Sweden

the answer is "Server is not responding"

Maybe I made a mistake :(

I see that your ISP is awful I live in the middle of Sweden having DSL and i got like 43ms to London. And 69ms to spain. And that is when I am sitting on my laptop with my poor wifi.
erlaan May 27, 2017
Sorry Guys. We Can try it next week. I can not play games today it's to hot. I am melting here. But if you want to play games i encourage you to play with each other!
slack May 27, 2017
Ok. Anyway, I'm around Insurgency (Frankfurt hehe) and L4D2 with my 'local' server on any mod map. If you wanna play with me just join me.

I play almost every weekend, most of the time online ^_^
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.