You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support me on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! We will also never show adverts to anyone who supports GamingOnLinux! Alternatively, you can support me on Paypal.
  Go to:
Dirt Rally GOL League - for FUN edition!!!
Xpander commented on 17 May 2017 at 9:08 pm UTC

i think the stages where randomized so yeah smarter next time.

in the mean time, here's my 2007 Ford Paskuri 3:08 time that brought me to 31st in the world. but i already have improved it to 3:07 and 22nd in the world

Google Drive Video

darkszluf commented on 19 May 2017 at 8:22 am UTC

lets do this in the weekend next time cause i really can't find the time to participate during weekdays.

tuubi commented on 19 May 2017 at 8:42 am UTC

darkszluflets do this in the weekend next time cause i really can't find the time to participate during weekdays.
Just take part in whatever events are going in the weekends then. You won't be fighting for the "championship", but this league is supposed to be just for a bit of fun anyway. I'd rather we get plenty of shorter events to keep us engaged.

Xpander commented on 19 May 2017 at 6:08 pm UTC

i can't get any points it seems was leading over 2 minutes until stage 8 came. went into ditch. there was no way to get out on my own, but somehow game didnt show reset button, so i drove a bit in that ditch, for a split second i saw i can recover my car and then DNF .. luck is not on my side

Redface commented on 19 May 2017 at 6:40 pm UTC

Xpanderi can't get any points it seems was leading over 2 minutes until stage 8 came. went into ditch. there was no way to get out on my own, but somehow game didnt show reset button, so i drove a bit in that ditch, for a split second i saw i can recover my car and then DNF .. luck is not on my side
when I dont see the recover button and dont think I can do it manually fast I hit pause, in that menu there is recover too.

And I take it slow and steady, well more slow than steady:-)
I have to learn to drive faster while staying in control.

Edmene commented on 19 May 2017 at 6:48 pm UTC

Xpanderi can't get any points it seems was leading over 2 minutes until stage 8 came. went into ditch. there was no way to get out on my own, but somehow game didnt show reset button, so i drove a bit in that ditch, for a split second i saw i can recover my car and then DNF .. luck is not on my side
That happened with me once in Greece as well, in the next event however I need to stop taking big risks, almost didn't finished this time do to damage in radiator and motor plus a punctured tire at stage 8.

Xpander commented on 19 May 2017 at 8:01 pm UTC

Redfacewhen I dont see the recover button and dont think I can do it manually fast I hit pause, in that menu there is recover too.

And I take it slow and steady, well more slow than steady:-)
I have to learn to drive faster while staying in control.

grr.. i didnt know about that..that would have saved me.

tuubi commented on 19 May 2017 at 8:01 pm UTC

EdmeneThat happened with me once in Greece as well, in the next event however I need to stop taking big risks, almost didn't finished this time do to damage in radiator and motor plus a punctured tire at stage 8.
I lost both my front tyres soon after the halfway point in Wales. Did pretty well in that stage considering.

Ehvis commented on 19 May 2017 at 10:39 pm UTC

Now that I managed to finish all stages (barely), I realise one thing is especially nasty for the beginning driver. The very limited repair time (30 minutes per two stages) is absolutely inadequate for those that only have one mechanic slot filled. For the last three repairs the only thing I could do was repair my radiator back to something like 15% and that's it. With the rest of the car not getting anything, the driving gradually gets worse. Leading to even more nasty things like punctured tires. I'm not sure that I started stage 10 with something that could be called a car. I'm even less sure how I managed to get it to the finish.

[edit]
Hmmm, I just noticed that career engineers is off. So everybody gets such crappy repair performance? Can time be set? In any case, I would vote for repair at every stage.
[/edit]

Xpander commented on 20 May 2017 at 11:28 am UTC

i dunno how but seems the game bugged out somehow.. i was able to continue the rally
though car was completely broken and repairs didnt do much.. but at least i was able to push it to the end last stage was really hard because i had basically no power in the car, it was overheating and switching off constantly

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Official Livestreams
  • Alien DLC - Part 1
  • Date:
Community Livestreams
  • Story Time: "A New Beginning" (via Wine)
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook