The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «105/178»
  Go to:
Shmerl Jun 28, 2018
Try without staging first, you don't need it for TW3.
adamhm Jun 30, 2018
I've decided to release my Wine wrapper for The Witcher 3, which some people may find helpful :) It'll remain a beta release until everything's working as it should
Shmerl Jul 2, 2018
Quoting: adamhmI've decided to release my Wine wrapper for The Witcher 3, which some people may find helpful :) It'll remain a beta release until everything's working as it should

Thanks for the effort!
vlaaad972 Jul 10, 2018
1080Ti i8700
Vulkan 1.1.73 DXVK 0.61 Wine staging 3.11 via Lutris
ubuntu 18.04
GOG offline manual

Hello,
I had sound and video chopinness on the intro video so I tried to lift the limit on fps in the game options, when I relaunched I had ~2800fps on the intro video, the game is now crashing during intro, the choppiness is still there and I cannot get rid of the unlimited fps even after removing then reinstalling wine and the game .
Before that the game was playing at a steady 60fps with no problem after I removed Nvidia Hair and set everything to ultra. except whenever there was a video cut scene.
Could anybody please advise?

PS: also my Dual Shock 4 is recognised as an XBox controller, it's annoying for prompt key, if anyone knows the fix, it would help for other games but it isn't a deal breaker
Shmerl Jul 10, 2018
You don't need Wine staging for TW3. Try regular Wine.
g000h Jul 11, 2018
Quoting: adamhmI've decided to release my Wine wrapper for The Witcher 3, which some people may find helpful :) It'll remain a beta release until everything's working as it should

Cool. I don't suppose you're thinking about doing a wine wrapper for Dragon's Dogma and Skyrim at some juncture?
Shmerl Jul 11, 2018
Quoting: g000hSkyrim at some juncture?

Skyrim isn't yet on GOG.
g000h Jul 11, 2018
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: g000hSkyrim at some juncture?

Skyrim isn't yet on GOG.

DOH. My mistake.
adamhm Jul 11, 2018
Quoting: g000hCool. I don't suppose you're thinking about doing a wine wrapper for Dragon's Dogma and Skyrim at some juncture?

AFAIK Dragon's Dogma is missing some updates on GOG so I'm waiting for those before I release a wrapper for it (I have already started working on it though)

As for Skyrim... as soon as that comes to GOG (and depending on price), making a wrapper for it will be a priority :)
YoRHa-2B Jul 26, 2018
Just want to tease a fix for the major annoyances left in the game:

No idea when I'll be able to release this though.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.