Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay!
  Go to:
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Shmerl commented on 19 June 2019 at 4:39 pm UTC

Pangaea(Just wish merchants had more money - there are probably mods for that, but for now I'll just stick stuff in the stash - must be 50 swords in there by now)

I try to collect unique swords, but usually sell generic ones. One huge money drain is buying all those mandrake and cherry cordials to make White Gull. Money gets tight, but I found, that nekker claws, ghoul blood and drowner brains sell quite well. So hunting them actually pays, especially since they respawn in some areas in big numbers.

Linuxwarper commented on 19 June 2019 at 11:30 pm UTC

I do the same. Tousain merchants have more wealth, so if it's urgent to have better shops I'd persue that region.

For mods I try to keep it minimal too, but some I simply must have. I don't like to cheat so I restricted autoloots radius. And looting is part of the fun indeed. That's something the mod compliments. Now I can go towards barrels and other containers and see if there is loot in them, I find that nicer than sensing to highlight the loot with yellow outline.

The AutoLoot dev said he hoping to make it more balanced, as he didn't like the unfair aspects of it, but unfortunately he's mia.

Shmerl commented on 19 June 2019 at 11:39 pm UTC

Btw, the sensible map borders mod has one issue - if you save somewhere off the map, loading back can teleport you to some weird location. So better don't save outside the regular map areas.

Shmerl commented on 20 June 2019 at 1:52 am UTC

I found a way to fix it. You need to basically disable (comment out) everything in these functions in r4Player.ws (should be added to that mod and merged if necessary):

OnStartTeleportingPlayerToPlayableArea
OnTeleportPlayerToPlayableArea

Shmerl commented on 21 June 2019 at 4:30 am UTC

Just another night in Velen

Shmerl commented on 21 June 2019 at 8:03 am UTC

Found some giant dinosaur (or dragon?) fossils on a big misty island:

Shmerl commented on 22 June 2019 at 12:07 am UTC

Small hidden Scoi'atel camp on the eastern side of Yaruga:

Most guards were annoyed at Geralt's presence, but one on the second picture said to cheer up, and that Geralt is dandy. She also commented "one relic meets another".

Shmerl commented on 23 June 2019 at 3:59 am UTC

Hehe. Just met the rock troll on the island near Oxenfurt. Very funny dialog.

Troll commenting on Geralt's chicken-like Redanian coat of arms:

Quote— Beautifoo, pretty birdo.
— Think so? Long as you are happy with it.

Linuxwarper commented on 23 June 2019 at 2:10 pm UTC

Is that the camp that an elf you rescue tells you to meet up for?

Shmerl commented on 23 June 2019 at 4:41 pm UTC

LinuxwarperIs that the camp that an elf you rescue tells you to meet up for?

Yes, that's the one.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts