Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «133/178»
  Go to:
sr_ls_boy Nov 14, 2019
Shmerl,

in the last two shots, it appears ACO is missing some sunshine coming out of the trees.
Shmerl Nov 14, 2019
I'll check. It could be a temporary change in the environment.
Shmerl Nov 15, 2019
Looks fine to me (I didn't set up HUD for these, but I did switch RADV_PERFTEST:

aco:

llvm:

Light depends on the moving clouds, so it's always shifting.
Pangaea Nov 15, 2019
Came across that area as well while exploring, and don't think I had come across it in a quest by the time I stopped playing. Memory may be foggy on that now, however. It was a really lovely area as well.

Came across another one near a key story place that you may not have reached yet (so I won't divulge much) that also looked pretty cool. Was a village of some sort I think. Several foglets were there, wildly out-levelling me. I managed to kill one after 15 minutes or so, but didn't bother to try to hack away at the others. Bonkers how little damage you do against red-skull enemies :D

I fully intend to go back to the game and play the expansions, but I've been too hooked on RimWorld recently, and have half an eye on PC upgrades.
Shmerl Nov 15, 2019
Quoting: PangaeaCame across another one near a key story place that you may not have reached yet (so I won't divulge much) that also looked pretty cool. Was a village of some sort I think. Several foglets were there, wildly out-levelling me.

I think I found that one too.

Spoiler, click me
Unless it's another place, I found such village and very high level foglets, on the slope of Aard Cerbin. I figured, it must be a location for some later events in the game, since getting to the top of the mountain was practically impossible because of them.

And it could be what She Who Knows (Ghost in the Tree) meant, when she said, "there are roads to Aard Cerbin".

Last edited by Shmerl on 15 November 2019 at 4:54 pm UTC
Shmerl Nov 18, 2019
A beautiful location (quite far North East East from Novigrad) - small creek with a waterfall:

Last edited by Shmerl on 18 November 2019 at 5:35 am UTC
Shmerl Nov 25, 2019
Just FYI, to work around the hang, use this patch until it lands in upstream Mesa: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/merge_requests/2864
Shmerl Dec 2, 2019
Just got to Skellige. Meanwhile, latest updates to ACO finally made it slightly faster than llvm on Navi!

llvm:

aco:

Last edited by Shmerl on 2 December 2019 at 2:19 am UTC
Koopacabras Dec 7, 2019
I bet everyone on this thread is going to watch the witcher on Netflix.... it's coming dude ! less than two weeks! :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.