Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay!
  Go to:
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Shmerl commented on 10 November 2019 at 3:15 am UTC

I found an interesting area, hidden on the slope of the plateau that overlooks Pontar (near the nest of the royal wyvern from Phantom of the Trade Route contract).

Not sure yet what that is. Looks like some ancient ruin, with circular ledge carved into the mountain with cobblestone ornaments. It's pretty hard to notice, unless you try climb on the mountain from the river side (which I was doing for fun and saw that structure). But you can't get to it climbing up, you need to get down to it from the top of the plateau.

View from the top:

When entering the stone circle:

Looks like some kind of altar with some statues around it, probably to Melitele?

Magnificent view of the Pontar from there

I suppose it could be a part of some quest, or may be just one of those hidden ruins that are scattered around. Interesting to discover such places sometimes

UPDATE: There is also an entrance to the cave, which is actually connected to the cave where refugees were hiding from the wyvern, with another unmarked cave exit leading straight to the wyvern nest (I missed that cave entrance before).

UPDATE2: Yep, the statue looks like one of young Melitele in St. Lebioda's Hospital hospital in Vizima.

Last edited by Shmerl on 10 November 2019 at 4:14 am UTC

wvstolzing commented on 10 November 2019 at 10:58 am UTC

ShmerlNot sure yet what that is. Looks like some ancient ruin, with circular ledge carved into the mountain with cobblestone ornaments.

possible spoiler:
Spoiler, click me
It's an important location in the Hearts of Stone expansion -- can't say more, lest I spoil something!

Shmerl commented on 10 November 2019 at 5:34 pm UTC

I figured it's part of some quest, since it looks too elaborate to be random. But I guess they didn't expect players to explore random mountains

Last edited by Shmerl on 10 November 2019 at 5:34 pm UTC

Shmerl commented on 14 November 2019 at 3:16 am UTC

Comparing latest Mesa master with llvm10 and aco (this time in Velen, where it's apparently more demanding on the GPU than in Novigrad, despite common misconception):

llvm:

aco:

So basically the same.

Actually in less demanding environment (Novigrad, Golden Sturgeon) llvm is couple of FPS faster.

Last edited by Shmerl on 14 November 2019 at 3:30 am UTC

sr_ls_boy commented on 14 November 2019 at 11:37 am UTC

Shmerl,

in the last two shots, it appears ACO is missing some sunshine coming out of the trees.

Shmerl commented on 14 November 2019 at 2:15 pm UTC

I'll check. It could be a temporary change in the environment.

Shmerl commented on 15 November 2019 at 6:09 am UTC

Looks fine to me (I didn't set up HUD for these, but I did switch RADV_PERFTEST:

aco:

llvm:

Light depends on the moving clouds, so it's always shifting.

Pangaea commented on 15 November 2019 at 12:08 pm UTC

Came across that area as well while exploring, and don't think I had come across it in a quest by the time I stopped playing. Memory may be foggy on that now, however. It was a really lovely area as well.

Came across another one near a key story place that you may not have reached yet (so I won't divulge much) that also looked pretty cool. Was a village of some sort I think. Several foglets were there, wildly out-levelling me. I managed to kill one after 15 minutes or so, but didn't bother to try to hack away at the others. Bonkers how little damage you do against red-skull enemies

I fully intend to go back to the game and play the expansions, but I've been too hooked on RimWorld recently, and have half an eye on PC upgrades.

Shmerl commented on 15 November 2019 at 4:50 pm UTC

PangaeaCame across another one near a key story place that you may not have reached yet (so I won't divulge much) that also looked pretty cool. Was a village of some sort I think. Several foglets were there, wildly out-levelling me.

I think I found that one too.

Spoiler, click me
Unless it's another place, I found such village and very high level foglets, on the slope of Aard Cerbin. I figured, it must be a location for some later events in the game, since getting to the top of the mountain was practically impossible because of them.

And it could be what She Who Knows (Ghost in the Tree) meant, when she said, "there are roads to Aard Cerbin".

Last edited by Shmerl on 15 November 2019 at 4:54 pm UTC

Shmerl commented on 18 November 2019 at 5:34 am UTC

A beautiful location (quite far North East East from Novigrad) - small creek with a waterfall:

Last edited by Shmerl on 18 November 2019 at 5:35 am UTC

Go to:

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
None currently, submit yours here!
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts