Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «153/178»
  Go to:
Shmerl Feb 18, 2020
There are some game bugs that happen on Windows too. You can ask Windows gamers if they have the same issue.
Pangaea Feb 18, 2020
Haven't travelled with boats a whole lot, but I jumped into one to sail to Undvik for a de facto main quest (but listed as secondary), and what do I see?

The screenshot isn't very good, but at least I caught it this time. No idea how common this is, but I haven't seen it before in my 3-ish times through the game. It first appeared off the coast of Rannvig in Skellige. Then a bit further west, near a smuggler's cache. I even saw it underneath water, but I was busy fighting sirens, and didn't see it again so wasn't able to catch than on "tape". Pretty cool, though. Love it when games put in rare stuff like this. Or... I assume it's rare since I haven't seen it yet in probably 300+ hours of play-time.
Pangaea Feb 18, 2020
Quoting: MohandevirJust in the middle of another run... I'm at the "Ugly baby" quest and just realized there was missing textures in many caracters. In this quest, I'm able to see throught Eskel's armor's sleeves... I tried Proton 5.0.2, 4.11.12 and 4.2.9. Same results. 5.0.2 seem to have a regression that crashes the game on some occasion (loading loop). Proton or Nvidia 440.59 driver problem?

Interesting. Although I don't know if this is a variant of the same, there are sometimes imperfect overlay of textures/clothes/body parts. There is a mod that fixes many of them, called Besserwisser or something like that. Don't use it myself, but I hear many do. One pretty obvious case is one of the girls we have to meet as part of the "Broken Flowers" quest in Novigrad. She has a dress that is a bit messed up, and part of her shoulder can be missing.

If it's more serious than small mishaps like that, then it may be a driver issue, but it's hard to tell without looking at screenshots or videos.
Shmerl Feb 18, 2020
I've seen some whales too. And I've heard there is supposed to be The Flying Dutchman somewhere.

Last edited by Shmerl on 18 February 2020 at 10:39 pm UTC
Avehicle7887 Feb 18, 2020
Quoting: PangaeaHaven't travelled with boats a whole lot, but I jumped into one to sail to Undvik for a de facto main quest (but listed as secondary), and what do I see?

The screenshot isn't very good, but at least I caught it this time. No idea how common this is, but I haven't seen it before in my 3-ish times through the game. It first appeared off the coast of Rannvig in Skellige. Then a bit further west, near a smuggler's cache. I even saw it underneath water, but I was busy fighting sirens, and didn't see it again so wasn't able to catch than on "tape". Pretty cool, though. Love it when games put in rare stuff like this. Or... I assume it's rare since I haven't seen it yet in probably 300+ hours of play-time.

I can't count the times I jumped off the boat trying to swim towards one, and it always got away and then I have to swim back to the boat:><:
Shmerl Feb 18, 2020
Quoting: Avehicle7887I can't count the times I jumped off the boat trying to swim towards one, and it always got away and then I have to swim back to the boat:><:

Did you try diving after the whale?
Shmerl Feb 19, 2020
So, apparently a company called Saber Interactive ported TW3 to Swich (which means native Vulkan renderer).

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/02/the-switcher-improves-witcher-3-reduces-blur-now-works-with-steam-gog/

Last edited by Shmerl on 19 February 2020 at 1:22 am UTC
Pangaea Feb 19, 2020
I've actually never been to Kaer Almhult before, and wondered about what I saw in one of the cells. Small guy, with possibly different-coloured eyes (hard to see ofc). Sure enough, the wiki has it :)
Mohandevir Feb 19, 2020
Quoting: ShmerlI've seen some whales too. And I've heard there is supposed to be The Flying Dutchman somewhere.

You mean this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2yRr7uJzz4
Shmerl Feb 19, 2020
Quoting: Mohandevir
Quoting: ShmerlI've seen some whales too. And I've heard there is supposed to be The Flying Dutchman somewhere.

You mean this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2yRr7uJzz4

Yep, that's the one, but I haven't seen it myself yet.

Last edited by Shmerl on 19 February 2020 at 4:49 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.