Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Shmerl commented on 30 January 2020 at 4:08 pm UTC

Stuttering is usually caused by CPU bottlenecks, heavy I/O and such. So some heavy shader compilation or lack of caching could be the reasons. May be something else was eating CPU in your previous tests.

Mohandevir commented on 30 January 2020 at 5:20 pm UTC

I don't know what could be the cause... It's a clean Pop!_OS install... It runs Steam and nothing else and it was a day/night change. One minute I had Gnome loaded with the tearing, stuttering, etc... The next, I had a super smooth experience on SteamOS-Compositor.

Last edited by Mohandevir on 30 January 2020 at 5:30 pm UTC

Pangaea commented on 30 January 2020 at 10:26 pm UTC

For those interested in translating the runes, here are quite a few. Think it was from the Following the Thread quest.

Shmerl commented on 30 January 2020 at 10:49 pm UTC

It's the same ones as before it seems. Compare to (mirrored):

More details here: https://witcher.gamepedia.com/Modern_alphabet

Same one is reused in a bunch of places out of context. More in context you can find it on the walls of Triss' house yard in Novigrad.

Last edited by Shmerl on 30 January 2020 at 10:52 pm UTC

Pangaea commented on 16 February 2020 at 6:15 pm UTC

Suppose people haven't seen Geralt like this before?

Shmerl commented on 16 February 2020 at 6:23 pm UTC

Hm, I didn't use the barber yet, so no

Pangaea commented on 16 February 2020 at 6:46 pm UTC

It's not the barber. As can be seen from the screenshot, I was using Witcher senses. Geralt still moves about a little, moving his head and such, and suddenly I noticed that he got bald (ish). When he turned his head, I also saw his beard was missing.

It's probably the "base" model, without the added hair and beard. Found it quite amusing. You can also see that his neck is kinda cut off, so something weird has happened due to the zoomed in camera view I think.

(Don't think we can cut him that short with the barber either, but I've never used them so don't recall all the options).

Edit: While I was doing this with Witcher senses, his hair and beard would magically "pop" back into place, depending on the camera position. Then vanish again.

Last edited by Pangaea on 16 February 2020 at 6:49 pm UTC

Shmerl commented on 16 February 2020 at 7:40 pm UTC

Is it caused by the mod you are using?

Pangaea commented on 16 February 2020 at 7:51 pm UTC

Probably not, as none of the mods affect appearance. Haven't noticed it before so maybe it was an outlier. But then I don't exactly spend much time with Witcher senses like that either, so who knows, heh. Found it a bit amusing, seeing Geralt like that, so wanted to post about it here.

Pretty sure that must be the base model for Geralt, and then the hair and suchlike is added on top, depending on what haircut people use. People able to look at the files would know more (not that it mattes much).

As an aside, I do hope CDPR will release better modding tools for Cyberpunk. It's not happening for TW3 now ofc, but it would have been so cool to be able to add quests, characters, maybe even new locations. With better modding tools, maybe that can be done in Cyberpunk. Time will tell :shrug:

Pangaea commented on 17 February 2020 at 11:23 pm UTC

Hmm. Geralt in a bit of a tricky spot against a couple of nekker warriors... (110).

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
None currently, submit yours here!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts