Join us on our own very special Reddit: /r/Linuxers
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Shmerl commented on 18 February 2020 at 1:00 am UTC

Is this a mod?

Pangaea commented on 18 February 2020 at 4:08 pm UTC

ShmerlIs this a mod?
No. I merely used the console to spawn some enemies to try to figure out exactly what is what. Then tried to spawn quite a few nekker warriors, and it looked kinda cool. Surprised how well it ran too. That's a lot of dudes in one screen.

Harder to figure out of items, because a great deal of them have generic names, like "light armor 1_crafted". Ingredients and monsters are for the most part sensibly named.

Am just fiddling about with the script I mentioned elsewhere, and it has been fun to delve into it a bit more, and learn how bash works. I was thinking to have an associative array for all items (translate game ID to wiki page), so we could get info on e.g. what items can be disassembled to steel ingot and whatnot.

Perhaps it could be useful, especially about monster parts *shrug* :-/

Mohandevir commented on 18 February 2020 at 4:43 pm UTC

Just in the middle of another run... I'm at the "Ugly baby" quest and just realized there was missing textures in many caracters. In this quest, I'm able to see throught Eskel's armor's sleeves... I tried Proton 5.0.2, 4.11.12 and 4.2.9. Same results. 5.0.2 seem to have a regression that crashes the game on some occasion (loading loop). Proton or Nvidia 440.59 driver problem?

Mohandevir commented on 18 February 2020 at 4:43 pm UTC

MohandevirJust in the middle of another run... I'm at the "Ugly baby" quest and just realized there was missing textures in many caracters. In this quest, I'm able to see through Eskel's armor's sleeves... I tried Proton 5.0.2, 4.11.12 and 4.2.9. Same results. 5.0.2 seem to have a regression that crashes the game on some occasion (loading loop). Proton or Nvidia 440.59 driver problem?

Shmerl commented on 18 February 2020 at 4:53 pm UTC

There are some game bugs that happen on Windows too. You can ask Windows gamers if they have the same issue.

Pangaea commented on 18 February 2020 at 10:32 pm UTC

Haven't travelled with boats a whole lot, but I jumped into one to sail to Undvik for a de facto main quest (but listed as secondary), and what do I see?

The screenshot isn't very good, but at least I caught it this time. No idea how common this is, but I haven't seen it before in my 3-ish times through the game. It first appeared off the coast of Rannvig in Skellige. Then a bit further west, near a smuggler's cache. I even saw it underneath water, but I was busy fighting sirens, and didn't see it again so wasn't able to catch than on "tape". Pretty cool, though. Love it when games put in rare stuff like this. Or... I assume it's rare since I haven't seen it yet in probably 300+ hours of play-time.

Pangaea commented on 18 February 2020 at 10:37 pm UTC

MohandevirJust in the middle of another run... I'm at the "Ugly baby" quest and just realized there was missing textures in many caracters. In this quest, I'm able to see throught Eskel's armor's sleeves... I tried Proton 5.0.2, 4.11.12 and 4.2.9. Same results. 5.0.2 seem to have a regression that crashes the game on some occasion (loading loop). Proton or Nvidia 440.59 driver problem?

Interesting. Although I don't know if this is a variant of the same, there are sometimes imperfect overlay of textures/clothes/body parts. There is a mod that fixes many of them, called Besserwisser or something like that. Don't use it myself, but I hear many do. One pretty obvious case is one of the girls we have to meet as part of the "Broken Flowers" quest in Novigrad. She has a dress that is a bit messed up, and part of her shoulder can be missing.

If it's more serious than small mishaps like that, then it may be a driver issue, but it's hard to tell without looking at screenshots or videos.

Shmerl commented on 18 February 2020 at 10:39 pm UTC

I've seen some whales too. And I've heard there is supposed to be The Flying Dutchman somewhere.

Last edited by Shmerl on 18 February 2020 at 10:39 pm UTC

Avehicle7887 commented on 18 February 2020 at 10:52 pm UTC

PangaeaHaven't travelled with boats a whole lot, but I jumped into one to sail to Undvik for a de facto main quest (but listed as secondary), and what do I see?

The screenshot isn't very good, but at least I caught it this time. No idea how common this is, but I haven't seen it before in my 3-ish times through the game. It first appeared off the coast of Rannvig in Skellige. Then a bit further west, near a smuggler's cache. I even saw it underneath water, but I was busy fighting sirens, and didn't see it again so wasn't able to catch than on "tape". Pretty cool, though. Love it when games put in rare stuff like this. Or... I assume it's rare since I haven't seen it yet in probably 300+ hours of play-time.

I can't count the times I jumped off the boat trying to swim towards one, and it always got away and then I have to swim back to the boat

Shmerl commented on 18 February 2020 at 11:12 pm UTC

Avehicle7887I can't count the times I jumped off the boat trying to swim towards one, and it always got away and then I have to swim back to the boat

Did you try diving after the whale?

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts