Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «157/178»
  Go to:
Shmerl Apr 1, 2020
I'm not using Proton or Lutris, I'm using WineHQ builds of Wine. They are using system faudio straight. Not sure what happens in other cases, faudio can also be built statically, so it's possible for Wine to ship with it.

19.07 is pretty old though. Try installing a newer version.

Last edited by Shmerl on 1 April 2020 at 5:19 pm UTC
Pangaea Apr 1, 2020
It sounds (sorry) like pretty much the same issue I have. Although in my case it only triggers after playing for a while, usually hours. It doesn't happen straight from the off. There are quite a few reports of sound issues with the game. I don't know why that is, but I reckon it's more likely to be something to do with the game, or the game not playing nice with Linux, than all our hardware having a very temporary problem when playing the Witcher 3. I don't know if anything can be done about it. Have learnt to live with it on my end, but obviously that's not really possible for you if the sound crackling is there right when you fire up the game.

Watch the date and stuff, but this is a little disturbing :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Axa2DR7m1k
sr_ls_boy Apr 1, 2020
There is a new wine bug report that tracks this regression.
AlexP Apr 2, 2020
Probably a different issue if appeared only in 5.4, I tried several versions like 4.12, 5.0, 5.2, 5.4.
sr_ls_boy Apr 2, 2020
Quoting: AlexPProbably a different issue if appeared only in 5.4, I tried several versions like 4.12, 5.0, 5.2, 5.4.
Perhaps, perhaps not, considering faudio is an external dependency. But, I'll ask on the bug report.
Shmerl Apr 13, 2020
Just some sunset thunderstorm on remote desoalte Skellige islands.

Into the storm

Last edited by Shmerl on 13 April 2020 at 2:42 am UTC
Shmerl Apr 13, 2020
Skellige sea at night

Last edited by Shmerl on 13 April 2020 at 3:13 am UTC
Pangaea Apr 16, 2020
Somebody tipped me about a long video analysis of all three Witcher games. This is the first one (the others are apparently coming later). Four hours of goodness I'm told. I've put into a "watch later" tab, only around 30 of those now, haha, but this one sounds interesting. Would be fun to reminisce about the greatness of the first Witcher game. Many tougher choices than in the later games, and particularly about the "neutral path" stuff, which is more in conversation but not so much in actual gameplay in the second and third game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtrAx-rVgco
beko Apr 20, 2020
Quoting: PangaeaSomebody tipped me about a long video analysis of all three Witcher games. This is the first one (the others are apparently coming later). Four hours of goodness I'm told. I've put into a "watch later" tab, only around 30 of those now, haha, but this one sounds interesting. Would be fun to reminisce about the greatness of the first Witcher game. Many tougher choices than in the later games, and particularly about the "neutral path" stuff, which is more in conversation but not so much in actual gameplay in the second and third game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtrAx-rVgco
omg. That goes for hours! Even with 1.5 it'll take away precious Netflix time xD

…and I'll probably watch it anyway :D
Shmerl Apr 21, 2020
Exploring the mountains of Kaer Morhen, close to the clouds level.

Unfortunately climbable or walkable surface doesn't stretch all the way up.

Last edited by Shmerl on 21 April 2020 at 2:44 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.