The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «160/178»
  Go to:
Mohandevir Apr 30, 2020
Quoting: ShmerlJust finished the main story part for the first time. Amazing game, the ending was unexpected.

Now to the expansions :)

Did you get the happy ending, the middle one or the bad one? ;)
Shmerl Apr 30, 2020
I didn't compare endings so don't know which ones are others. I had one when Ciri traveled to Tedd Deireádh and then Geralt told Emhyr that she died. And afterwards Geralt met her in White Orchard. That was quite unexpected, I really thought that she died there first and expected rather sad ending.

Also, I didn't let Dijkstra kill Roche and Ves, so he got killed (and Philippa killed Radovid before). So that made Nilfgaard leave Temeria.

Last edited by Shmerl on 30 April 2020 at 8:57 pm UTC
Mohandevir Apr 30, 2020
Ciri becomes a Witcher. That's the "Good ending". You've been a good father to her, by letting her have her autonomy.

As for Roche, it's an optional quest that may not show up, if you mess the "bath reunion" between Dijkstra and Philippa. Did that on my first run... Ended up breaking Dijkstra's good knee. :D

I know some friends who got the bad ending... Really hard... Feels like a "Game Over".

Last edited by Mohandevir on 30 April 2020 at 9:00 pm UTC
Shmerl Apr 30, 2020
I felt bad also for the people in the Ice Plains. Reading all those notes and diaries was quite horrifying. So I had some sympathy for Aen Elle's plight, even if some of them have rather nasty attitude, like that Avallac'h's girlfriend in the cave.

Ciri preventing Tedd Deireádh really solved it, without all those horrors Eredin was planning.

Last edited by Shmerl on 30 April 2020 at 9:09 pm UTC
Shmerl Apr 30, 2020
Also, the whole Through Time and Space is a pretty cool sequence, even if short. There is one possible reference to Solaris there.
Mohandevir Apr 30, 2020
It's still my favorite game... Nothing comes close. It has such depth and the world is so alive... Nice touches everywhere. It's really well tought. Instead of soloing in an MMORPG filled with grinding quests, like WoW or LotRO, I prefer to start a new Witcher 3 run, personnally. With around 200hrs of gameplay, It fits the bill.
Mohandevir Apr 30, 2020
Yeah and there are wishes that CDPR might introduce Ciri in CyberPunk2077 (some form of Cameo?) with it's time and space travels... There could be a reference to CP2077 in Witcher 3 when Ciri says that she went to a world with steel flying ships and peoples with augmentations...
Shmerl Apr 30, 2020
Yeah, they might leave some in-game references at least. Like they did with Message from an Old Friend which has a letter from another time traveler.
Mohandevir Apr 30, 2020
Probably a well known one, but did you stumble upon the Monty Python's Killer rabbit? :D

Last edited by Mohandevir on 30 April 2020 at 9:40 pm UTC
Shmerl Apr 30, 2020
No, I haven't seen that one :) Where was it?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.