Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «164/178»
  Go to:
Mohandevir May 15, 2020
Found the complete Witcher 3 (Original game + 2 DLC) OST on Deezer. The Swallow and the Wolf... The song when Geralt finally finds Ciri... It plays during the cutscene. Great song too, imo.

Last edited by Mohandevir on 15 May 2020 at 1:20 pm UTC
Shmerl May 15, 2020
GOG has the OST (including FLAC) if you buy GOTY edition. But some themes are missing there. You need to extract game resources for them.
Shmerl May 17, 2020
Found Voynich manuscript displayed by one of the merchants :) Together with some Leonardo da Vinci anatomy sketches.

Last edited by Shmerl on 17 May 2020 at 3:29 am UTC
GermainZ May 17, 2020
Quoting: ShmerlGOG has the OST (including FLAC) if you buy GOTY edition. But some themes are missing there. You need to extract game resources for them.
In addition to the soundtracks, it should also come with artbooks, wallpapers and comics (for each expansion too). The map is quite pretty too, if anyone wants to frame it. :)

(Same for Steam, look into ~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/The Witcher 3/.)
Shmerl May 17, 2020
Hehe, "Portrait of the Witcher as an Old Man" was funny :)

Last edited by Shmerl on 18 May 2020 at 3:45 am UTC
Shmerl May 17, 2020
Funny Monkey Island reference:

One of the fistfighters in Beauclair is called Mancomb (paraphrasing Guybrush), and he also engages with Geralt in the taunting sparring.

Last edited by Shmerl on 17 May 2020 at 11:20 pm UTC
Shmerl May 18, 2020
Extreme Cosplay - very intense quest. Those living statues are hard. And Geralt after that was pretty angry, and I made him vent out to Durand about how humans drove elves away from their land.
Pangaea May 18, 2020
That fight was horrible. Think I actually gave up on it after countless tries because Geralt kept dying in seconds from those very powerful and damaging "statues". It's possible this was much worse on NG+ though, and I've only played the expansions with that. Many other encounters were fine, but this one (plus one or two Ciri quests) were brutal.

The "boxing" encounter mentioned above was fun, and I wish there were more missions that could be solved peacefully.

At other times I wish it was possible to kill NPCs, but almost everyone is immortal.
Shmerl May 18, 2020
Quoting: PangaeaThat fight was horrible. Think I actually gave up on it after countless tries because Geralt kept dying in seconds from those very powerful and damaging "statues". It's possible this was much worse on NG+ though, and I've only played the expansions with that. Many other encounters were fine, but this one (plus one or two Ciri quests) were brutal

Yeah, I discovered that quest when traveling back to Beauclair from the Termes palace ruins (after exploring the crypts there to find grandmaster wolven gear diagrams), so I already got some background on the conflict between humans and elves that happened in that area in the past, so Extreme Cosplay fell right into the context I was just analyzing before that.

I'm not in NG+, but I'm using Death March so those statues are indeed very hard, since they teamed up pikemen with sorceresses and when they all attack together it's huge amount of damage. So not getting surrounded was the first priority. Using some bombs and evasion I managed to distract the pikemen enough to take them out gradually. Then I tried to stall sorceresses with Axii. It barely works on them, and they also have some kind of force shields similar to Quen. Felt bad about it, and wasn't sure if they were really machines, they felt quite alive. Probably one of the hardest fights in the game so far (may be besides for Eredin and the Toad prince).

Quoting: PangaeaThe "boxing" encounter mentioned above was fun, and I wish there were more missions that could be solved peacefully.

At other times I wish it was possible to kill NPCs, but almost everyone is immortal.

I actually manage to avoid killing in some encounters, unless necessary in self defense. For example, I was exploring the Bastoy prison ruins, and that hooded woman turned into an Alp. I managed to get the treasure there without killing her, assuming she was just defending her territory. Axii works wonders.

Last edited by Shmerl on 18 May 2020 at 10:45 pm UTC
Pangaea May 19, 2020
Witcher 3 is on a 70% sale now on GOG, which is the highest it has been (often seen it 60% off). Witcher 1 and 2 are also on sale at 85% off. A great time to pick it up. Apparently it's a 5 year anniversary for the third game's release. Strange that I only started playing it a year ago or something, because before that it wasn't truly playable on Linux.
https://www.gog.com/promo/witcher_birthday
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.