Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «170/171»
  Go to:
Shmerl 2 Jun

LinuxwarperI was thinking of 4K60, but I heard going from 1080 to 1440 is more impactful than going from 1440 to 4k. And I do want to have high refresh rate monitor for my next setup.

I'd say going from 60 Hz to 144 Hz monitor is more impactful than simply increasing resolution. Refresh rate > resolution value wise (at least until certain degree).

I.e. I consider 2560x1440 144 Hz better for gaming than 3840×2160 60 Hz.

Good site on the related topics: https://blurbusters.com

Last edited by Shmerl on 2 June 2020 at 11:54 pm UTC

Shmerl
LinuxwarperI was thinking of 4K60, but I heard going from 1080 to 1440 is more impactful than going from 1440 to 4k. And I do want to have high refresh rate monitor for my next setup.

I'd say going from 60 Hz to 144 Hz monitor is more impactful than simply increasing resolution. Refresh rate > resolution value wise (at least until certain degree).

I.e. I consider 2560x1440 144 Hz better for gaming than 3840×2160 60 Hz.

Good site on the related topics: https://blurbusters.com
Reassuring to know you also think that:) I've bookedmarked site for now. If you want another resource too (for monitors), I highly recommend: https://pcmonitors.info/. I only mention it because the admin does great work and he should get more traffic to his site.

Shmerl 3 Jun

I laughed during this cutscene :D

Pangaea 3 Jun

Fun mission, with the latest fashion :P

(The birds flying above are already planning their next nest)

I feel as awkward as Geralt is whenever he's donning a doublet

Shmerl 3 Jun

LinuxwarperI feel as awkward as Geralt is whenever he's donning a doublet

Instead of a doublet, I used ornate robe (from Von Everec estate) for the Mandragora society event, and Anna Henrietta made an interesting comment that it's very fitting but stands out as unique in Beauclair.

Last edited by Shmerl on 3 June 2020 at 5:19 pm UTC

Shmerl
LinuxwarperI feel as awkward as Geralt is whenever he's donning a doublet

Instead of a doublet, I used ornate robe (from Von Everec estate) for the Mandragora society event, and Anna Henrietta made an interesting comment that it's very fitting but stands out as unique in Beauclair.

Did exactly the same. This robe looks awesome on Geralt. And I tried a different mask each time to see if one of them will trigger an equivalent remark. I already tried the wolf mask from "A Matter of Life and Death" and the last time it was the mask from "Extreme Cosplay". Aside from "This mask is not adquate", no luck... Yet.

Last edited by Mohandevir on 3 June 2020 at 6:07 pm UTC

Shmerl 3 Jun

Yeah, I think no matter what mask you choose, she'll give you a special event mask. I tried one from Tesham Mutna too.

Last edited by Shmerl on 3 June 2020 at 6:16 pm UTC

Pangaea 3 Jun

The most fitting mask is the one Dijstra wore :) Always makes me laugh.

ShmerlInstead of a doublet, I used ornate robe (from Von Everec estate) for the Mandragora society event, and Anna Henrietta made an interesting comment that it's very fitting but stands out as unique in Beauclair.
It looks good, and it would be convenient if Geralt decided to become a Eternal Fire pre-cher:P

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...