The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «170/178»
  Go to:
Shmerl Aug 21, 2020
Yeah, there are some tracks like that. If you want to extract audio from the game, check this.

Last edited by Shmerl on 21 August 2020 at 12:21 am UTC
vindicivuoto Aug 23, 2020
Thanks, I'll keep it in mind for the future: I don't have the game installed at the moment and it'll probably be a while before I get to replaying it. I still need to replay the first one too, in part to relive the days when my favorite witcher gear wasn't yet retroactively culturally appropriated by the Manticore school.
pmadzik Sep 7, 2020
Does anyone play this game currently (v1.32) with relatively new nvidia drivers?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong - regardless of the version of wine/dxvk (5.0/1.5.5 or 5.5/1.7.1), I had random crashes that were rare at the beginning of the game and now became practically constant after a few hours in the game. I am not able to get to the village of White Orchard where Vesimir is waiting (after killing the griffin).

amatai Sep 8, 2020
I had the same problem playing with wine 2 years ago. It was solved by buying the game on steam and using proton. But maybe someone here has a more satisfying answer.
dr_jekyll Sep 8, 2020
Quoting: amataiI had the same problem playing with wine 2 years ago. It was solved by buying the game on steam and using proton. But maybe someone here has a more satisfying answer.

There is no need to re-buy the game on steam, you can use Proton anyway.
slaapliedje Sep 8, 2020
Damnit, still working through Witcher 2, and now stuck on trying to go into the sewers at Loc Muinne, as those greater rotfiends are trashing me every time I try to fight them.
Shmerl Sep 8, 2020
Quoting: slaapliedjeDamnit, still working through Witcher 2, and now stuck on trying to go into the sewers at Loc Muinne, as those greater rotfiends are trashing me every time I try to fight them.

The Secrets of Loc Muinne is one of the best quests in the game.
slaapliedje Sep 8, 2020
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: slaapliedjeDamnit, still working through Witcher 2, and now stuck on trying to go into the sewers at Loc Muinne, as those greater rotfiends are trashing me every time I try to fight them.

The Secrets of Loc Muinne is one of the best quests in the game.
So far one of the hardest fights I've been in. Mainly because there isn't much room to move, with the 5 or so Rotfiends and the useless NPCs ha.
Shmerl Sep 8, 2020
Yeah, most companions in that quest aren't much help in a fight (that's why they hired the witcher after all) except may be for Cynthia, but they provide a good comic relief :)

Last edited by Shmerl on 8 September 2020 at 8:45 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.