You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
  Go to:
The Witcher 3 in Wine
mmtrt commented on 20 March 2018 at 8:05 am UTC

Pependos
jaen7. at this point you should be able to run
WINEPREFIX=where/you/want/to/put/it wine where/you/want/to/put/it/drive_c/VulkanSDK/YOUR_VERSION_HERE/Bin/cube.exe

If I launch cube.exe with double-click:

And via terminal:
bash: /home/dron/.wine/drive_c/VulkanSDK/1.0.68.0/Bin/cube.exe: can not run a binary file: Error in the format of the executable file

Don't use wine-devel 3.4 it does not work I had same issue yesterday installed it I was having same error as you also non of other wine setups that I had on different directories were working with wine-devel installed so I purged wine-devel and remove any prefixes folders from home then rebooted system and finally setup wine from directory with thanks for @Shmerl scripts I slightly modified for my needs and now I can run cube.exe 32bit and 64bit version without any issue.

Shmerl commented on 20 March 2018 at 3:56 pm UTC

Yes, all these issues are likely wine versions confusion, messing up the prefix.

sebish commented on 20 March 2018 at 5:16 pm UTC

QuoteDon't use wine-devel 3.4 it does not work I had same issue yesterday installed it I was having same error as you also non of other wine setups that I had on different directories were working with wine-devel installed so I purged wine-devel and remove any prefixes folders from home then rebooted system and finally setup wine from directory with thanks for @Shmerl scripts I slightly modified for my needs and now I can run cube.exe 32bit and 64bit version without any issue.

You don't use wine-devel 3.4 from depot and compil wine 3.4 or wine-vulkan ?

pingubot commented on 20 March 2018 at 6:20 pm UTC

Hi all,

for those guys which have troubles with wine vulkan, please check if you have other vulkan drivers in addition to the nvidia one on your systems. I had the problem in the past that wine-vulkan did not work on my system with a nvidia card until i uninstalled the intel and amd vulkan drivers (libvulkan_intel.so / libvulkan_radeon.so). In theory this should not cause issues but it does, roderickc confirmed that.

Cu,
Christian

Shmerl commented on 20 March 2018 at 6:58 pm UTC

If that's the case, you can explicitly set the variable to point to the correct Vulkan driver.

VK_ICD_FILENAMES=<path_to_your_system_icd.json>

mmtrt commented on 21 March 2018 at 8:11 am UTC

sebishYou don't use wine-devel 3.4 from depot and compil wine 3.4 or wine-vulkan ?
I'm using wine-stagging tar from lutris and installed wine deps of both arch.

lod commented on 21 March 2018 at 3:49 pm UTC

any idea whats happening here?

http://ix.io/10v5

YoRHa-2B commented on 21 March 2018 at 3:50 pm UTC

Try mesa-git.

Shmerl commented on 21 March 2018 at 3:51 pm UTC

Seems similar to the water bug. Could be a radv issue: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=105464

lod commented on 21 March 2018 at 5:10 pm UTC

YoRHa-2BTry mesa-git.
Thanks for the hint, mesa 18-rc5 (just released) does work as well.

There is an other problem using dxvk, if I set the resolution to 1080p (1440p screen), I get a border less 1080p window instead full screen.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Crawl About: „StarCrawlers“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts