Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «60/178»
  Go to:
Shmerl Dec 24, 2017
Quoting: skyrrdOnly wined3d-buffer_create or are there any other important patches at the moment?

The other patch you can test is one that fixes distorted monsters, but it's not yet fully correct (causes freezes for Mesa).

See https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43872#c18

Nothing else is needed as far as I know.
skyrrd Dec 25, 2017
QuoteYes I have the 64-bit dlls (xinput1_3.dll and xinput9_1_0_dll). This used to work with lutris but not if I launch the game from commandline. Actually xinput9_1_0.dll is not needed and doesn't make a difference. And the same xinput1_3.dll works fine with fallout 4.

you are right, xinput9_1_0.dll should not be needed.
just tried it with vanilla-wine 2.21, wine-staging-2.21 and my custom build 3.0-rc3 with wined3d-buffer_create patchset applied.

only with wine-staging I was able to start the game with overwritten dll
lod Dec 27, 2017
Quoting: hilparaYes I have the 64-bit dlls (xinput1_3.dll and xinput9_1_0_dll). This used to work with lutris but not if I launch the game from commandline. Actually xinput9_1_0.dll is not needed and doesn't make a difference. And the same xinput1_3.dll works fine with fallout 4.

if you're patching wine by yourself, you may want give https://github.com/Tetralet/wine-xinput a try. works pretty good for me.
skyrrd Dec 27, 2017
Working like a charm. Thanks ;-)
Shmerl Dec 29, 2017
Does anyone know how to reset an AMD GPU through a kernel variable? I want to test if that can unfreeze the system if TW3 freezes it.
beko Jan 3, 2018
'rmmod' and 'modprobe' should do just that.

I've no idea whether you can force this though while it is in use by X.
Shmerl Jan 3, 2018
The whole point is to be able to do it without losing DE session.
Shmerl Jan 7, 2018
I was experimenting with Ryzen CPU governors to see how it affects TW3 in Wine. Looks like performance one improves it a bit, but not much:

On demand:

Performance:

The change could be just an error margin of changing the camera view slightly, so it's not very conclusive.
Shmerl Jan 7, 2018
That 15% could be because of camera view between two tests. I tried positioning them close, but they could still be a bit different. But I do expect performance governor to improve it somewhat, since the game is CPU bound.
libgradev Jan 8, 2018
Quoting: ShmerlI was experimenting with Ryzen CPU governors to see how it affects TW3 in Wine. Looks like performance one improves it a bit, but not much...

I saw a similar effect here - it does improve performance a bit (~5fps).

Those of you on > 4 core systems try locking W3 down to 4 CPU's e.g.:
taskset -c 0-3 <wine cmd>

That gave me a marked increase in performance (~10fps)!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.