You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «90/178»
  Go to:
Pependos Mar 19, 2018
Quoting: jaen7. at this point you should be able to run
WINEPREFIX=where/you/want/to/put/it wine where/you/want/to/put/it/drive_c/VulkanSDK/YOUR_VERSION_HERE/Bin/cube.exe

If I launch cube.exe with double-click:

And via terminal:
bash: /home/dron/.wine/drive_c/VulkanSDK/1.0.68.0/Bin/cube.exe: can not run a binary file: Error in the format of the executable file
Shmerl Mar 19, 2018
You can't run Windows binary like that from the terminal.
sebish Mar 19, 2018
I test the jaen's procedure, and same problem...
In the debian depot, two driver exist :
- nvidia-vulkan-icd
and
- nvidia-nonglvnd-vulkan-icd

What is the différent ?
Shmerl Mar 19, 2018
Quoting: sebishI test the jaen's procedure, and same problem...
In the debian depot, two driver exist :
- nvidia-vulkan-icd
and
- nvidia-nonglvnd-vulkan-icd

What is the différent ?

I'm not using Nvidia, so not sure, but I thought glvnd in general is needed for OpenGL loader. Why is it connected to Vulkan?

Try each of those see if it makes any difference.
mmtrt Mar 20, 2018
Quoting: Pependos
Quoting: jaen7. at this point you should be able to run
WINEPREFIX=where/you/want/to/put/it wine where/you/want/to/put/it/drive_c/VulkanSDK/YOUR_VERSION_HERE/Bin/cube.exe

If I launch cube.exe with double-click:

And via terminal:
bash: /home/dron/.wine/drive_c/VulkanSDK/1.0.68.0/Bin/cube.exe: can not run a binary file: Error in the format of the executable file

Don't use wine-devel 3.4 it does not work I had same issue yesterday installed it I was having same error as you also non of other wine setups that I had on different directories were working with wine-devel installed so I purged wine-devel and remove any prefixes folders from home then rebooted system and finally setup wine from directory with thanks for @Shmerl scripts I slightly modified for my needs and now I can run cube.exe 32bit and 64bit version without any issue.
Shmerl Mar 20, 2018
Yes, all these issues are likely wine versions confusion, messing up the prefix.
sebish Mar 20, 2018
QuoteDon't use wine-devel 3.4 it does not work I had same issue yesterday installed it I was having same error as you also non of other wine setups that I had on different directories were working with wine-devel installed so I purged wine-devel and remove any prefixes folders from home then rebooted system and finally setup wine from directory with thanks for @Shmerl scripts I slightly modified for my needs and now I can run cube.exe 32bit and 64bit version without any issue.

You don't use wine-devel 3.4 from depot and compil wine 3.4 or wine-vulkan ?
Shmerl Mar 20, 2018
If that's the case, you can explicitly set the variable to point to the correct Vulkan driver.

VK_ICD_FILENAMES=<path_to_your_system_icd.json>
mmtrt Mar 21, 2018
Quoting: sebishYou don't use wine-devel 3.4 from depot and compil wine 3.4 or wine-vulkan ?
I'm using wine-stagging tar from lutris and installed wine deps of both arch.
lod Mar 21, 2018
any idea whats happening here?

http://ix.io/10v5
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.