Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «19/178»
  Go to:
ardorhb Jul 26, 2017
Quoting: Shmerl[...]

3. Is there still the dark ground bug in Velen area for Nvidia blob users? If not, could it be Mesa specific issue?

Nothing changed there still is dark ground on Nvidia as well.
Shmerl Jul 26, 2017
Quoting: scix
Quoting: Shmerl@malek69: I don't see CSMT key there. See HOWTOs.

That key isn't used in the staging version. It still uses the option in winecfg.

But @malek69 was talking about non staging version, so it needs that key to avoid graphics corruptions.
Avehicle7887 Jul 26, 2017
Tested 2.13, puppet lines are indeed gone, sound however is stuttering all the time and the fps went bonkers much worse than previous versions.
Shmerl Jul 27, 2017
It's interesting, that I don't get the stuttering sound. I suppose it can depend on the audio card / ALSA driver?
slaapliedje Jul 27, 2017
*Troll alert* So when Wine finally fully supports The Witcher 3, they'll release an official 'port'? */Troll alert*
Shmerl Jul 27, 2017
Quoting: slaapliedje*Troll alert* So when Wine finally fully supports The Witcher 3, they'll release an official 'port'? */Troll alert*

I wouldn't be surprised, but at the same time unlikely by now. CDPR though have a relatively simple way to save their face. They can partner with Codeweavers, and make an official winelib based release.
slaapliedje Jul 27, 2017
Yeah, pretty much. Even if they make a stable snapshot of Wine that works well with it, I wouldn't really mind. I kind of funny the argument between 'native vs non-native' Technically speaking Wine is a library re-implementation of Windows APIs. So it technically IS native.

It's not an emulator, like Hatari, or Dolphin, or UAE.
Shmerl Jul 27, 2017
Native vs non native doesn't necessarily mean emulators vs non emulators. Mostly it means developing directly for the platform and using its available APIs, vs taking something developed for another platform, and translating foreign APIs into native ones.
Shmerl Aug 1, 2017
Józef Kucia provided a patch for the dark ground bug: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43239#c8

Now it should be more playable, except for that nasty freeze.
ardorhb Aug 1, 2017
Quoting: ShmerlJózef Kucia provided a patch for the dark ground bug [..]

Just to say it once: This guy is awesome.

I've never encountered the freeze bug (nvidia) so I guess I will play Witcher tomorrow :D
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.