You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can support us on Paypal and Liberapay!
  Go to:
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Shmerl commented on 20 September 2017 at 2:11 pm UTC

devlandIt seems to only work on uubuntu.

Since you are using Mesa, you can use GALLIUM_HUD.

Run GALLIUM_HUD=help glxgears for detailed help.

Here is a simple example you can use (matching your Ryzen 1600, assuming you enabled SMT):

GALLIUM_HUD='.dfps:120,cpu+GPU-load:100,cpu0+cpu1+cpu2+cpu3+cpu4+cpu5+cpu6+cpu7+cpu8+cpu9+cpu10+cpu11:100' ./some_game

malek69 commented on 20 September 2017 at 2:42 pm UTC

devland
malek69glxosd
https://glxosd.nickguletskii.com/

It seems to only work on uubuntu.
no, AUR https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/glxosd/ and source

ardorhb commented on 20 September 2017 at 4:36 pm UTC

De1m0sI'm always interested in controller support, but can't get x360ce_x64 to work. I installed all the needed packages, but always get error-message on start. So i can't create the needed xinput-files. At the moment, i'm using qjoypad. That's better than nothing, but it's not perfect. Cause the analog-sticks for moving are not analogue, but digital.

I also never got x360ce running but since I compile everything on my own anyway I decided to add this "patch" from Github and everything worked out of the box. In the meantime I played Witcher 3 with controller for a few houser with just one problem: My system thinks that I'm doing nothing and is turning of the screen after a while (Just disabled that in the controll-center).

Shmerl commented on 20 September 2017 at 4:39 pm UTC

Looks like we are getting somewhere with the Velen freeze bug. Thanks to Samuel Pitoiset!

Pependos commented on 21 September 2017 at 7:01 am UTC

ShmerlLooks like we are getting somewhere with the Velen freeze bug. Thanks to Samuel Pitoiset!
This is a really good news, so let's wait for performance fix now. I think some missing textures and invisible enemies are secondary goals.

devland commented on 21 September 2017 at 10:34 am UTC

It seems that the new wine-staging 2.17-1 release fixes the rendering issues in Witcher 3 according to this article which, although it talks about 2.17, seems to refer to 2.17-1 because they were both released on 20 September whereas 2.17 was released almost a week ago and doesn't fix the rendering issues in Witcher 3.

I have yet to test the new 2.17-1 version. The rendering issues were my last grape with the game under wine as performance is already decent and will only get better in time.

Later edit: I managed to test it and the missing textures have not been fixed.

Shmerl commented on 24 September 2017 at 7:33 pm UTC

Józef Kucia made a patch for Wine, to avoid the Velen freeze (bug #43273). See here.

Shmerl commented on 26 September 2017 at 3:08 am UTC

Can anyone with Nvidia blob please test if this bug happens with it too: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43786

damarrin commented on 26 September 2017 at 5:49 am UTC

I tried, but I'm missing the expansions and a beard set. :-(

Shmerl commented on 26 September 2017 at 6:12 am UTC

damarrinI tried, but I'm missing the expansions and a beard set. :-(
Yeah, that's a save from GOG GOTY version. I forgot to put that in description.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Official Livestreams
  • Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel continued again
  • Date:
Community Livestreams
  • RPGoodness: "Dragon Age Origins" (via Wine)
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook