Join us on our own very special Reddit: /r/Linuxers
Linux (with Steam) on GPDWin handheld
Page: «4/4
  Go to:
Julius 10 Feb

Ah, yeah that feature request is from me actually.

When I was on an older stock Kernel the 8GB SD card I had worked, although sometimes it required a few attempts to get recognized. But maybe this got even more broken with later releases or your hardware is indeed slightly different.

Hmm, but maybe check the formatting of these cards. Exfat might not work out of the box.

Sorry to not be of more help for now, but I hope you can enjoy your GPDWin1 with Linux never the less.

greytega 10 Feb

Oh Absolutely, I've already been really enjoying it. Thanks to Ubuntu only really taking up around 5GB (compared to Windows 30+) The onboard 64GB is actually pretty good, and since there are a ton of Steam games native to Linux along with Proton & GOG having linux games. Include all the free/cheap itch.io : having a handheld x86 based machine is just amazing. I'm very happy with Linux running on this even if I never get the SD card reader working.

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Patreon, Liberapay or PayPal Donation.

We have no adverts, no paywalls, no timed exclusive articles. Just good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...