Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
[Fixed, needs testing] Dying Light refuses to launch
Page: «8/16»
  Go to:
devland Feb 12, 2018
Quoting: sr_ls_boyI get a bad stutter with the frame rate which makes it unenjoyable.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/239140/discussions/0/604941528477881594/
I tried that and it works.
You can also enable vsync in the config file manually without having the game crash while trying to do it in the options menu.

I am now trying to use exodus to get it running on antergos via the Linux Mint 18.3 packages.
devland Feb 13, 2018
I've managed to pinpoint the problem to the "libc.so.6" library. I've pre-loaded the one from Linux Mint 18.3 and now I get the error

gdb: ./dependencies/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.25' not found (required by dependencies/libpython3.6m.so.1.0)

when debugging with gdb.

Can anyone upload somewhere the 64 bit "libpython3.6m.so.1.0" file from Linux Mint 18.3 so I don't have to reinstall it just for one file? :)
tuubi Feb 14, 2018
Quoting: devlandI've managed to pinpoint the problem to the "libc.so.6" library. I've pre-loaded the one from Linux Mint 18.3 and now I get the error

gdb: ./dependencies/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.25' not found (required by dependencies/libpython3.6m.so.1.0)

when debugging with gdb.

Can anyone upload somewhere the 64 bit "libpython3.6m.so.1.0" file from Linux Mint 18.3 so I don't have to reinstall it just for one file? :)
libpython3.6 isn't available on Mint 18.3 / Ubuntu 16.04, but you can download the 64-bit libpython3.5 deb package here and extract the .so from the data.tar.xz if that helps. You can browse all the repository servers right in your browser, no need to install the distro.
devland Feb 14, 2018
Quoting: tuubilibpython3.6 isn't available on Mint 18.3 / Ubuntu 16.04
I thought as much.
My guess is that the game requires another file, found it in the antergos lib folders, but it was a newer version that requires python 3.6 instead of 3.5.
I'll see if I can figure out who the culprit is.
The point is that the game runs on antergos & Arch via the Solus runtime. Pre-loading the libraries via a sh script does the same thing. You just need a full list of all required dependencies and their dependencies, and so on. And that's the hard part.
kaymio Feb 22, 2018
After installing Solus and on it Steam as well as Steam via Snap it still doesn't work.

ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/gamer/snap/linux-steam-integration/common/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
GameAction [AppID 239140, ActionID 4] : LaunchApp changed task to Completed with ""
/home/gamer/snap/linux-steam-integration/common/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Dying Light/DyingLightGame: /usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4: no version information available (required by libengine.so)

As it doesn't run on Arch with my RX480 as well as on Solus I guess it is not a problem of Snap, but maybe of mesa or the compiler suites? I've found that the snap package prefers OpenGL4.4 as can be seen here https://pastebin.com/jYzQmPeR on my Solus install and here https://pastebin.com/EZjSnkL3 on my Arch install with different errors and dumps.

Anyone got it running on a RX480/RX580? If yes, on which distro, version of mesa or with what special settings?
DamonLinuxPL Feb 23, 2018
Just testing it on Ubuntu 17.10 - no issue, game launch fine.
Tested also on OpenMandriva LX3.03 - no issue. Same on Mageia 6. Using mesa 17.3.
skyrrd Feb 23, 2018
Ok nice to know and thanks for testing.
So far it's working on Debian, Ubuntu, openmandriva, maegia, Solus, mint and gentoo.

Guess we'll rather make a list of not working distributions?
GloriousEggroll Feb 26, 2018
just some info, I went to test it again today on arch via snap. I updated snapd-git from the aur, launched the game, and it ran but then froze.

I then changed the overrides from
MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.4 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=440 %command%
to
MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=450 %command%

game's running so far without a hitch. I wonder if the override needs to match mesa's core profile.

I'm currently on mesa 18 rc4 with a vega 64.

glxinfo:

[gloriouseggroll@shittywok ~]$ glxinfo | grep "OpenGL"
OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
OpenGL renderer string: Radeon RX Vega (VEGA10 / DRM 3.23.0 / 4.16.0-rc2-g91ab883eb213, LLVM 5.0.1)
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 18.0.0-rc4 (git-719f2c9340)
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.50
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
OpenGL core profile extensions:
OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 18.0.0-rc4 (git-719f2c9340)
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL extensions:
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.1 Mesa 18.0.0-rc4 (git-719f2c9340)
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.10
OpenGL ES profile extensions:
kaymio Feb 28, 2018
Quoting: skyrrdOk nice to know and thanks for testing.
So far it's working on Debian, Ubuntu, openmandriva, maegia, Solus, mint and gentoo.

Guess we'll rather make a list of not working distributions?

Do you have a Nvidia card? The problem seems to persist in Solus (native/snap) as well as on Arch (runtime/snap) with a RX480.
The only distro I could get in running on was Ubuntu 17.10. Not an ideal choice as the 18.04 LTS version wants to spy on you during the install process.
riusma Feb 28, 2018
Quoting: kaymioThe only distro I could get in running on was Ubuntu 17.10. Not an ideal choice as the 18.04 LTS version wants to spy on you during the install process.

Opt-in if you upgrade from 17.10 or 16.04...

Quote”Upgrading users would need to purposely “opt-in” to this behaviour, as that wasn’t
explicitly asked in the past.

Dustin Kirkland
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.