Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
[Fixed, needs testing] Dying Light refuses to launch
Page: «10/16»
  Go to:
sr_ls_boy May 3, 2018
That's a form letter. I've seen that before.
nox May 3, 2018
I wonder if there is any way to contact their devs instead of the pure support desk? According to their support email they cannot answer anything for the devs, so I'm just getting copy-paste answers. @Liam?
nox May 4, 2018
Well, their support is a rather frustrating experience. Apparently I'm misunderstanding what support for "Ubuntu 14.04 and newer" means: "Not every 'higher than 14.04 version' will work".

They also recommend installing Ubuntu 16.04 due to its LTS status, without saying anything about 18.04s LTS status.
nox May 4, 2018
Anyone on NVIDIA + 18.04 experiencing any issues or is it purely AMD still?
chui2ch May 4, 2018
I can't speak for 18.04, but it does work on Solus with Nvidia. I also know that by buddy has an RX 480, and it did not work on Solus. He also had the same problem on 18.04, and Arch.
DamonLinuxPL May 4, 2018
Quoting: noxI wonder if there is any way to contact their devs instead of the pure support desk? According to their support email they cannot answer anything for the devs, so I'm just getting copy-paste answers. @Liam?

Well, your entries go to the TechSupport team. This answer is automatic, everyone will get it. If techsupport considers report to be a real bug in the game, then it submits this ticket to the developers (that's how techland works and many other large AAA game developers.)

Forget about direct contact with developers. Especially with those responsible for Linux. Already enough hate appeared on reddit, facebook and other places that I think, they would like to not give direct contact to be muddy by the Linux community, as was the case in other cases.
matou68 May 9, 2018
hi,

i upgraded to 18.04 (gnome) with GTX 1070 driver 396.24 kernel 4.15.18 the game start fine.
i want to swap my gtx 1070 with my rx480 with latest mesa to test.
i was on manjaro with the rx480 and the game won't launch, but i don't know why ?
jo3fis May 19, 2018
Anyone have luck with Ubuntu 18.04 w/AMD Mesa. Have tried multiple PPAs and also the Steam Snap but to no avail. Game loads to the black loading screen and white bar moves across to 100% then hangs before CTD.

I get the below error.

{18:58:53.282} INFO: [INFO] > Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault).
{18:58:53.287} INFO: [INFO] > /usr/lib/libc.so.6(+0x37520) [0x7f3f960fa520]
nox May 22, 2018
Quoting: jo3fisAnyone have luck with Ubuntu 18.04 w/AMD Mesa. Have tried multiple PPAs and also the Steam Snap but to no avail. Game loads to the black loading screen and white bar moves across to 100% then hangs before CTD.

I get the below error.

{18:58:53.282} INFO: [INFO] > Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault).
{18:58:53.287} INFO: [INFO] > /usr/lib/libc.so.6(+0x37520) [0x7f3f960fa520]

Indeed, same issue here. Their support haven't been helpful either, so I've given up on it.
nox Jun 2, 2018
I haven't been successful at getting an answer from their devs either. Their support team say they would get back to me, but no luck so far.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.