Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Peace, Death! not working properly [SOLVED]
TheLinuxPlayer Jun 25, 2017
Hi.
So, I bought Peace, Death! on the summer sales and was wanting to play it after I saw Samsai streaming it. However when I tried to launch it, it didn't work. Steam starts the game and says it's running, as you'd expect, but closes it immediately, it doesn't even show the game window, the only thing that appears is the little steam window where it's written preparing to launch game or something.
I noticed that there was no steam_appid.txt in the game's folder so I created that and wrote the game's id in there (588690)- still not working. On the terminal it gave this error: Segmentation fault (core dumped) LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH ./runner.
I the tried launching it directly from the terminal and got the segmentation fault error. I kept insisting and it eventually started. This is what I get when it boots properly:
Run_Start
Total memory used = 14060885(0x00d68d55) bytes
Entering main loop.
Texture #3 640,480
Texture #3 2048,2048
Texture #3 2048,2048
Texture #3 1024,2048
Window closed

vs when it doesn't:
Run_Start
Total memory used = 14060885(0x00d68d55) bytes
Entering main loop.
Texture #3 640,480
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Both these outputs have lines before but are equal on both, at least from what I could see; I haven't checked them one by one.

If I insist with launching from steam it will also start.

I'm on Antergos 64 bit, just like Samsai. My specs are as follow: i5 6600k @ stock, 16GB of RAM and an AMD RX480 8GB with amdgpu (xf86-video-amdgpu 1.3.0-1) and mesa 17.1.3-1.
Samsai Jun 25, 2017
The game is bugged on AMD GPUs, the way to get around that is to run it with llvmpipe (software rendering) by putting "LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 %command%" into the launch options. Another game which is plagued by this problem is Riptale, so my guess is that something with Game Maker (I think both games were made with that) breaks on radeonsi.
TheLinuxPlayer Jun 25, 2017
Thanks! Really glad I can play it now.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.