Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Cross platform multiplayer...
Slackdog Jul 18, 2017
just wondered if we could have an addition where we can check if a game has cross platform with mac, winblows etc?

Apologies if I just not looked hard enough and it already exists!

:)
Liam Dawe Jul 18, 2017
Not entirely sure where you mean?
Slackdog Jul 18, 2017
My bad - was more of a is there anywhere and if not can we have one? :)
harshbarj Jul 18, 2017
I assume you mean if a game will work in multiplayer across platforms right?

Like saints row the third is cross platform, but you can't play multiplayer between windows and Linux. Or at least when I try, it tells me I am running an incompatible version (even though steam reports the same version number).

If so that would be a nice addition as I have run across many multiplayer games that only work within the same platform. So windows to windows, or Linux to Linux only. Which is and odd way to do it.
Slackdog Jul 19, 2017
Yeah that's it. Was hoping to play some co-op serious sam 3 but don't wanna have to install winblows again!
Duck Hunt-Pr0 Jul 26, 2017
One game that i can think of that has not cross platform play is Team17's Worms Reloaded; Much to the dismay to myself, my friends and my younger brother, when we discovered it was so, since we all bought it together to play multiplayer.

We would've chosen to get refunds, had it not been for it taking a while before we actually got time together to try to play it multiplayer. But by then we had all played it singleplayer enough to pass beyond Steam's limit for getting refunds.

And it's quite annoying that instead of Steam listing games with "No Cross-platform play!", one have to actually remember to check for the "Cross-platform" ability
GustyGhost Jul 26, 2017
This is a good starting place. We really need something like cooptimus to catalog cross-platform games.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.