Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Can't connect to Relic servers on Fedora 26
omer666 Jul 25, 2017
Hi,

Since upgrading to Fedora 26 I can't connect to Relic servers on both Company of Heroes 2 and Dawn of War III.
It already happened to me several times over the past years, and every time I contacted Feral support. But the fact is that Fedora isn't officially supported, so I'm trying really hard to find a solution by myself, to no avail.

Does it work for other Fedora users? Also does anyone have an idea about how to solve this?
It looks like the game ships its own libssl.so.37, I tried deleting it but the game won't launch, I tried running it with forcing Steam libraries over host libraries, etc.

Any idea?
And does it happen on other distros?

Thanks in advance.
Typijay Feb 16, 2018
I'm on Fedora 26, and I have this fix applied for Rocket League

sudo ln -s /var/lib/ca-certificates/ca-bundle.pem /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

I don't think I've gotten a connection error on CoH2, however there is no one online, but then again supposedly cross-play is disabled and Linux users can only play against Linux and maybe Mac users? I'm not sure what the verdict was on that.

There was another thread from an OpenSUSE user. If it's just us, and CoH2 servers connect on Ubuntu, then this might just be the problem as with Rocket League. The SSL Certificates live in a different folder in Ubuntu than they do in Fedora and OpenSUSE.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.