You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support me on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. Funding me on Patreon allows us to have no adverts, no paywalls, no timed articles. Just good content for you to keep up with Linux gaming. Alternatively, you can support me on Paypal.
  Go to:
DiRT Rally GOL League - 1970s Season
Arnvidr commented on 13 August 2017 at 12:23 pm UTC

Never a Monaco run without getting stuck on top of some snow...

tuubi commented on 13 August 2017 at 1:04 pm UTC

Doesn't seem like extending the events made a difference. Hard to say if the constantly diminishing amount of participants is due to summer holidays or just Dirt Rally getting "old" and people moving on. I hope we can keep this going anyway. These league events are pretty much the only reason I keep coming back to this excellent game every week.

Off topic: Someone should arrange something similar for Rocket League. That's another game I really enjoy but almost never play. And I do mean similar: Just for fun, no pressure, flexibly scheduled, friendly matches with leaderboards of some sort for those who care.

Xpander commented on 13 August 2017 at 1:12 pm UTC

Yeah, might be the summer holidays, might be that its getting old for some.
Will see how it turns out, im more than happy to run some more seasons, cause i still enjoy the game.

Ehvis commented on 14 August 2017 at 11:13 am UTC

Summer may not help indeed. Of course, it also doesn't help if I keep forgetting to actually drive.

Arnvidr commented on 15 August 2017 at 8:36 pm UTC

Got through Greece early this week

Was feeling somewhat satisfied with my performance through the first six stages, but the last two.... One reset for each, and a flat tire halfway through the last one. At least I didn't lose the wheel until I could see the finish line

Xpander commented on 17 August 2017 at 6:49 pm UTC

Greece done by me also, couple of half spins, some spins, 1 penalty due spectators and small crash into cars

Video from Livestream:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/167707406

Redface commented on 17 August 2017 at 7:29 pm UTC

XpanderGreece done by me also, couple of half spins, some spins, 1 penalty due spectators and small crash into cars

Video from Livestream:
I watched the first stage, very impressive how fast you can drive while staying in control.

tuubi commented on 17 August 2017 at 9:34 pm UTC

Redface
XpanderGreece done by me also, couple of half spins, some spins, 1 penalty due spectators and small crash into cars

Video from Livestream:
I watched the first stage, very impressive how fast you can drive while staying in control.
He is quick, no way around it. For my own peace of mind, I tell myself that part of that control is afforded by the feel and feedback from his wheel and pedal setup. I mean I often feel like I know what I'd need to do but just can't. There's a reason we don't drive real cars with a couple of triggers and a thumb stick.

But I repeat, I don't think I'd be anywhere as fast as he is with a wheel, just much closer.

Edmene commented on 18 August 2017 at 5:46 pm UTC

RedfaceI watched the first stage, very impressive how fast you can drive while staying in control.
Well Xpander is consistently faster than all of us. Indeed very impressive.

tuubiI mean I often feel like I know what I'd need to do but just can't. There's a reason we don't drive real cars with a couple of triggers and a thumb stick.
I know the felling, especially without using assists.

tuubi commented on 20 August 2017 at 12:06 pm UTC

Finally done. Had some super lucky runs, even got the fastest time on one stage and that made my day. Of course not all of the runs were equally lucky. I finished one stage on my roof (that was weird) and another one backwards. I wish I'd recorded it all.

Still having fun BTW. I have to say I really love this game to bits, and it's all thanks to this community.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook