Let the griping begin!

You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
On the new website...
Page: 1/7»
  Go to:
Hamish Jan 16, 2013

Let the griping begin!

1. The lack of proper image hosting is a big problem when it comes to making original content. I am also concerned that with the taking down of the old website I have lost my nice screenshot placements in my reviews that I got sorted out for them when I posted them.
2. The forums desperately need more categorization. For example, you could add sections for Native Game discussions, WINE/Emulated game discussions, General Gaming discussions, General Linux discussions, General Hardware discussions, etc.. It would also be nice if some of the discussions in All other Chat could be subsequently re-categorized, but that would be a lot of work.
3. My avatar refuses to work, and I can not add a link to my homepage anymore.
4. I am missing the Shoutbox already.
5. There are no emoticons. I repeat, THERE ARE NO EMOTICONS!!!!!

Other than that the website just needs some gradual evolution and for everyone to take the time to be comfortable with it again.

Hyeron Jan 16, 2013
On 3: it looks like any and all uploaded avatars refuse to work, plain and simple. Just tried to upload 3 in various sizes, it just won't work. :)

EDIT - Gravatar, OTOH, works fine. Better than nothing.
Liam Dawe Jan 16, 2013
Emoticon down, repeat emoticon down!!

Jokes aside thanks for the input, I will be looking into all of it sharpish.

Edit > Added websites to profiles :)
Liam Dawe Jan 16, 2013
Avatar uploading should be working, would help if when changing the upload buttons code i gave it an action to do...
Hyeron Jan 16, 2013
Another one: the mail notification doesn't give a quick view of the replies anymore, and clicking on the link seems to lead to the previous version of the forum, ultimately giving a nice 404. :)
Liam Dawe Jan 16, 2013
Is this on articles or forum? Both work fine for me but I will double check.
Hyeron Jan 16, 2013
Mh. Seems to be fixed. Dunno if you did something, but it's cool now. :)
Hamish Jan 16, 2013
Avatar working, website link working, forum categorization improving. And yet I can't smile... :P

EDIT: Maybe not, only seeing my Desura link on my posts.
Liam Dawe Jan 16, 2013
Website links wheren't put into posts, they will be on the new version pushed later :)
Hamish Jan 16, 2013
Well, I put it in my biography anyway, so I am good for now.
Hamish Jan 16, 2013
Also, there are quotes in the comments, and yet no reply option now.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.