John Mambo "Pacifying the World"
Efebe Aug 28, 2017
Hello.

We are a small indie team developing a game. John MAMBO "Pacifying the world" One important platform for our game is the Linux community, but since they are so many Linux platforms and we are such a small team of 2 persons working on that we will like to know if our game is running ok for the gaming community.

Our game is a 2d shooter but is full of details and commemorates retro games of old times from the 90's like Ikari Warriors, Mercs, Rambo, Commandos,...

Will be nice to have some technical feedback about operative systems and hardware to get to know the minimum requirements of our game. So far we tried the game at 64 Ubuntu with no problems. That's why We will love to have a report or a review at your forum about our game to see how is going with the Linux community.

Here I can share the Linux version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/py1sx3474ypn1id/John%20Mambo%20Linux.rar?dl=0

Also, our website to see the game is:
www.ictiongames.com/mambo

Many Thanks.
Efebe Aug 28, 2017
Many Thanks for the info, Stan.

We use Unity indeed, should we focus on Ubuntu systems for gaming?
I understand about downloading the .rar No problem. :)
Guppy Aug 28, 2017
Quoting: EfebeMany Thanks for the info, Stan.

We use Unity indeed, should we focus on Ubuntu systems for gaming?
I understand about downloading the .rar No problem. :)

Ubuntu is properly the most mainstream Linux distribution - even if people run something different they can usually translate requirements, etc into their own distribution. ( IIRC steam Linux support is still only for Ubuntu 14.04 )
waitaha Aug 28, 2017
I did a quick test:
Game runs.
My controller don't work, can't shoot, moving around and moving crosshair is working.
Had to unplug the controller to play with mouse/keyboard.
I couldn't figure out which key is for throwing grenades - main menu only showed controller mapping (even after unplugging it) Works after deleting config folder in /home/user/config/unity3d/Iction Games
Sound and Music works.

Specs:
Debian (stretch)
Nvidia GTX960
Gamepad: Logitech F710

P.s. Shot the cat
Efebe Aug 30, 2017
Many thanks for the important information that I received! :)

The Linux community is really helpful, we are now working to solve this problem related to the gamepad.
robvv Aug 30, 2017
Quoting: waitahaP.s. Shot the cat

Couldn't bring myself to do that :-)

Very enjoyable game so far, though.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.